Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Riso RN3020ui Master On Drum Not Recognized

Okay, we replaced the master disposal feed belts, (not too hard to do). Unfortunately now it won't create a proper master. It feeds master, but WAY too long and then does not cut it off. Even if we manually put a master on the drum it says "master not detected on drum" and won't go past that. How is this happening?

Thanks

Kelly

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Bent pin or pinched wire while reseating the disposal section? Check sensors in test mode. Haven't seen this before but replaced disposal belts too many times.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I am not understanding how replacing the waste belts has ANYTHING to do with the master creation portion of the machine as we did not touch that at all!

Thanks

Kelly

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    well it is the master making disposal process. the master is made and disposed at the same time. if there is a disposal error the machine is already making a master. if it reads a disposal error during this process the machine stops with the master "jammed" in the master making portion of the machine. you did plug in all three connectors when you put the disposal system back in the machine? on the master disposal unit there is a master detection sensor that will cause the issue that you are talking about if it is not plugged in, dirty or accidentally got knocked out of position while changing the belts!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Exactly what Joelsa said. Both are occuring at the same time.

I'd take the whole unit out again and recheck what you did. There are two different styles of belts. 8 of yellow and 4 of the black (I believe that order). I hope you have the modified style of disposal unit. Riso's first attempt at this design didn't work and they replaced the entire disposal unit. I have forgot to retighten then belt tensioner on the unit. Sucks when you go to test and "CRAP!"

Badbelts

Re: Riso RN3020ui Master On Drum Not Recognized

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    Okay, we replaced the master disposal feed belts, (not too hard to do). Unfortunately now it won't create a proper master. It feeds master, but WAY too long and then does not cut it off. Even if we manually put a master on the drum it says "master not detected on drum" and won't go past that. How is this happening?

Thanks

Kelly
    Can you tell me how you did it? Mine broke and I don't know where they are from.