Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Jakey88

RISO MZ Error code T98-006

Hi hope you can help! I've got MZ 770 two colour RISO - it began making the master when we had a power-cut. After this RISO came up with error message 'call service' T98-006 and it won't let me take the 1st drum out. The master was loose, not quite in the disposal tray.

I've tried manual release using latch under drum but no luck. Also tried rotating drum to right position - I think it is a clamp at rear of machine that's holding drum in place but I'm not sure how to a) release drum, and b) get RISO working again.

Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

1. The drums can not be manual released on a MZ due to the fact they are motorized for positioning.
    2. T98-006 code is "FRAM checksum error", it's possible the power failure may have damaged a board. Was the unit surge protected?
    3. Have you tried: turning off the unit, hold the yellow reset button down while turning it back on and holding for few seconds? *number one Riso error code reset procedure*

Let me know how that works.

Exclamation Re: RISO MZ Error code T98-006

I am having the same issue!
    Was this ever resolved?
    the Reset doesnt work, ive spun the drum around inside to the correct possition but no luck still.
    None of the buttons are working and the drums arnt even locking when the arrows meet!
    I have a massive job to do tomorrow and would HUGELY appreciate anyones help!!

Many thanks!

Re: RISO MZ Error code T98-006

Quote Originally Posted by dopplepress View Post
    I am having the same issue!
    Was this ever resolved?
    the Reset doesnt work, ive spun the drum around inside to the correct possition but no luck still.
    None of the buttons are working and the drums arnt even locking when the arrows meet!
    I have a massive job to do tomorrow and would HUGELY appreciate anyones help!!

Many thanks!
    I have exactly the same problem. Managed to get out the drums, but now they wont even lock back and the error remains. Has this been resolved? It seems every couple of years somebody comes back with the error Any help would be appreciated!