Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Can't remove print drum & T1 Error - GR3770

I went to make a new master with my gr3770 yesterday and came up with the T1 error. It shakes and makes some weird sounds and then says "T1 Call Service" When I reset, it says "Clamp Error Remove Master Roll then Re-install" So I've done that a few times and it just happens all over again.

I'm also unable to get my drum out of the riso, is there a way to manually release the drum from the back of the machine? I had read that this was possible but it wasn't clear how to actually do it, so I removed the back cover and took this picture:
    riso2.jpg

Would removing my drum solve the problem? I was making masters fine with this drum before...Can somebody indicate how I can release the drum in this picture??

I also took a picture of underneath the scanning table: http://i56.tinypic.com/2dmclqt.jpg , does this look right? Is that clamp supposed to be bowed upwards in the middle like that? I just have a feeling that the problem is with removing the old master, but I'm not totally sure...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    well it sounds like the clamp on top of the drum is in the disposal unit. open the top of the machine look in the middle and you will see your drum down there. you will need to rotate the drum by hand toward side that the paper comes out. then there is a release for the drum on the front of the machine in the middle of the drum and underneath. you will see a cover with two copper looking screws. if you take those screws out you will see the lock solenoid. you do not have to take this off to push the release lever with a flat head, but you could. i would definately make sure the clamp is not in the disposal unit before trying to release it. from the p disk on the back of your machine the drum looks to me like it is in the disposal unit and your machine may be out of time now.

Just saw the other pic

your clamp is in the disposal unit do as i said and you will get it out.

p.s what caused this you might ask? either one of two things. either your clamp was not flipping and flapping properly because it was gummed up. ( on the end of the drum that goes into the machine first there is a gear on the clamp the thing that hold this down will collect debris) or if you have a drum that sits for awhile with a master on it the ink will migrate up the master and under the clamp. when you go to make a master it will stick and cause the problem that you are having

i once again looked at the supplementary pic and i can tell by how the master is "glued" down to the clamp the latter is what happened. make sure if you have a drum sit for awhile to manually take off the master or this will happen again

No sir. By the photo of the clamp plate---- it looks like the clamp plate got caught in the master removal hooks. & yes if you open the front door of the machine---Hey, call me & I will tell you what to do to get the drum out 2767338677 i will pick up before it goes to voice mail. I am a newbe & dont know how to use this service very good.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Wow, thanks, I got the drum out and it is pretty gummy around that clamp. I took the master off by hand but now before I put it back in, it looks like the .. motor ? the peg that engages with the drum at the back of the machine, it's slightly misaligned. How do I adjust this, somebody told me that I could manually adjust it with the belts & pulleys on the back of the machine but they don't seem to budge...

I had this problem with my rc6300 a while back, and what I did then was put the machine into test mode and got that peg spinning until it came around and back into the start position. Does anybody have a list of the test modes for the GR? Is there another way to re align that thing?

i can sent test mode list to you through your e-mail

Well there are a few ways to get the drum in. You could slide the drum in part of the way push the release button locate bottom left hand side of the drum if you were standing in front of the machine turn the drum a little to the left and slide the drum in. There is a free rotation button the board on the back of the machine. By pushing this button the machine will rotate the main shaft and you could line it up that way

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Great! Could you point out where that free rotation button is in that picture I posted?