Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: RISO RC6300

ottermull

RISO RC6300

Hi Ihave a riso 6300 showing a "Master Clamp Error, remove cut master strip"
    When I look at the page in the manual it says. A cut off piece of master is left behind the inner part of the master loading unit (which is illuminated with a red light). I can not see any red light and can not find any piece of master. Is the lack of a red light the fault or is there something else I am missing. Any help and cure would be appreciated.

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    take a piece of paper and fold it in half. take the folded edge and push it through like you were loading a master. sometimes the cut master strip will get stuck in there. Old style master sensors for that machine did have a red light. I am pretty sure that they changed those to ultraviolet light with the new style on that machine. be sure that the plastic strips with metal in the middle of them going over the top of the drum when you push the top of the machine to the left are not out of position and in the way of your master sensor.

ottermull
    Many thanks for getting back to me.
    The strips seem to be ok and are not blockeing the sensor.
    I did what you suggested and yes there was a small piece of master under the rollers.
    When I try and make a master the roll goes into the machine for some time but does not go onto the drum. When I open the master loading unit the master has gone down in from of the black roller and not into the machine and onto the drum. I hope that help

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Is your master roll the right way up. It may be the master feed roller is loose on it's pulley. They have a habit of the grub screw working loose.

ottermull
    Many thanks for getting back to me with help. Sorry for delay in replying but I was not able to get back onto the machine until now.
    It is now ok and it was the master on wrong way. Thanks bigste

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Common problem, I've done it myself years ago but you only do it once.