Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    SHuizing

Risograph RA4300

I recently bought a 2nd hand Riso RA4300 from 1993. I worked when the guy demonstrated it to me, but when i got home there was a problem with the press roller. The hook thing doesn't really get hold of the lever thingy and the machine gives a E31 for jammed paper. I'm pretty handy with tech stuff, but I'm in way over my head Do any of you have some experience or tips for this problem?

Also this is a video of the back end:

Thank you!!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar
    There should be an adjustable bracket holding the lever down, try adjusting it downward a little bit. Ideally, when the hook is at the top of it's travel, there should be about a millimeter of space between the hook and the lever. Be careful, there's a really strong spring attached to the lever.
    Also, the solenoid that controls the hook is adjustable - when you hold the plunger in, the hook should totally engage the lever except for about a millimeter.
    Finally, check the connector for that solenoid with a meter while flexing the wires, they sometimes break.

SHuizing
    Thanks for the tip!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    There should be an adjustable bracket holding the lever down, try adjusting it downward a little bit. Ideally, when the hook is at the top of it's travel, there should be about a millimeter of space between the hook and the lever. Be careful, there's a really strong spring attached to the lever.
    Also, the solenoid that controls the hook is adjustable - when you hold the plunger in, the hook should totally engage the lever except for about a millimeter.
    Finally, check the connector for that solenoid with a meter while flexing the wires, they sometimes break.
    Everything he said.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.