Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Master making & removal problems - GR3770

When removing the master an error comes up and I have to remove the master manually. It looks like the master is sticking to the screen? The drum clamp opens, but only a few inches of the old master will have been peeled off and then there is always a tear in the master. What causes this?

I am also finding that when I create a new master, unless I apply some pressure on to either side of the master roll as it feeds on to the drum, there will be some wrinkling across the bottom left hand corner. Is this because of the rollers in the master making unit?

Hello friend. Nobody wants to touch this one do they? 1st--(sometimes) the lead edge of the master when feeding onto the drum will fold under neith the closed clamp plate. so when the plate opens,& the removal starts, the master misses the removal hooks. the hooks may not open far enough, the removal hooks could have dried ink on them or might have a nick in the plastic of the hooks. whats causing the master material to tear is the paper seprator hook (if its torn in the middle). open the master making unit. enter service mode. sp 65 & 66 is to rotate the write roller & the master loading rollers. while they are rotating, put some type of cleaner onto rag & hold it to the roller that is turning & clean all the black off of it.dirt is a big problem. holler if it dont fix it

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks John, both of these problems seemed to have resolved themselves when I put in a new roll of masters, but I will give those rollers a cleaning to be safe, what would you use to clean them?

that makes since

yes, the master roll getting low was causing the material to curl (too much) upward so that it does not feed all the way under the clamp plate. PS I like what is called Rogersol rubber re-juvinater #186 I think?

Technician
    Martin Yale makes a good product too called Rubber Roller Cleaner and Rejuvenator. Here is a link to buy it on eBay:

NEW Rubber Roller Cleaner for Martin Yale Folders, 1... | eBay