Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Streaks on prints

Hello,

My Riso RP3700 often makes vertical streaks (perpendicular to the printing / feeding direction), especially on light prints.

It does not make it with every drum, but mostly with my blue and black drums, almost always at the same place. It's generally visible in light areas.

at first I thought it could be the TPH, but as it is always on the same spot, and perpendicular to the print direction, it must come from somewhere else. The master doesn't look wrinkled.

Thank you very much for your help!

Benoit

Check the optics. Have had to replace the scanner sponges to keep dust out on serveral RPs & RNs.

Technician
    thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that I only print from files, never with the scanner so it must have a different origin.

Benoit

Hum...maybe a ink transfer issue? Any ink leaks on your drums? Check your timing roller, impression roller and exit belts for ink.

Technician
    Hello,

I did check, there is no sign of ink leak. the streaks are very thin and white, like lines. That makes me think there is a problem on the master itself, but I don't get why it makes it only on one drum and ocasionnaly on the other one, nor why these lines are always on the same location!

Benoit

Technician
    Problem solved!

Strangely enough, it was coming from a glitch with the screening. If I use a "classic" screening the lines disappear!

Benoit

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benoitv View Post
    Problem solved!

Strangely enough, it was coming from a glitch with the screening. If I use a "classic" screening the lines disappear!

Benoit
    I was going to recommend to try an internal print (the one to get the ink out of the drum would probably work) but I'm glad you got it sorted.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

johnrheznik

Riso image error

hello there try to focus on the said drum maybe the ink squeegee have foreign objects stacks or your ink motor supply is not working properly.