Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MZ 790 master wrinkling

MZ 790
    Wondering if anyone else has had problems of the master getting wrinkled at the clamp when the master is being put on. But not all the time. Riso tech support was not very helpful. Thanks.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I have one that does the same only after it has sit/not used for a while. I found out it is in not used the masters get sticky. Run a bunch of masters and prints and I bet it goes away.

Sorry but I wish it was as simple as lack of use. They run over 300K per year on it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    300k a year in nothing on this machine. It runs 150ppm is 9,000 a hour and if ran for 7 hours a day is only 63,000 a day and avrage life of a master at 10,000 is only 6 a day. Trust me get them to run more copies and masters and the problem will go away. Only takes mine that does it around 50 masters and couple thousand copies. It's really more about getting fresh ink to the outer part of the drum. May also want to try new ink too, Ink that is not as old as the ones that are in the machine keep in mind. All of the above works for me and the MZ790 that does the same to me. Try it and see what happens. FYI I also talked to Riso about it many times and they never herd of this being a problem.