Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

SC3000 rip rotating and shrinking prints

Hi

I've just installed a SC3000 rip to my GR3770. The prints are coming out shrunk and rotated on the page. If I'm trying to print an A4 landscape file it comes out portrait and shrunk to fit on the page. I've been trying different settings in acrobat and made sure 'autorotate and centre' is not selected and that landscape is selected in print properties, but still no joy.

On thing to note, when installing the rip as a printer I could not select SC3000 from the list, I had to do it as a SC7500. But, in the printer list it come up as an SC3500. That might not make a difference but I thought it was worth mentioning.

If anyone's had this problem or there's something I'm missing I'd love to hear. I looked in the manual but there's nothing much in there about using the pc interface mode.

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: SC3000 rip rotating and shrinking prints

I've fixed the shrinking problem, the DPI setting was at 400 when it should have been 600. Still no joy on the landscape portrait issue. If anyone can solve that I'd be very grateful.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I've managed to get the prints full size and to the right orientation. It was a setting in advanced in the print settings. Even if you select A3, you still need to specify the paper dimensions. weird.

Anyway, now the stupid thing just makes blank prints. I'm trying to print a single page pdf and it makes about 3 masters, all blank. Any ideas anyone?

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjonolewarne View Post
    I've managed to get the prints full size and to the right orientation. It was a setting in advanced in the print settings. Even if you select A3, you still need to specify the paper dimensions. weird.

Anyway, now the stupid thing just makes blank prints. I'm trying to print a single page pdf and it makes about 3 masters, all blank. Any ideas anyone?
    If it works fine from the computer with a different doc, like the test print or word, then I would re-check that pdf file-try sending that same file to a different printer and see what the result is. Or convert the pdf into a different file?
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds