Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    smallhousebooks

Green Riso Ink Not Drying

Hi,

I recently bought a Riso RP3700 machine and am having trouble with my green ink drying. I have tried 3 different uncoated papers and left them to dry for over a week in some cases. I have also changed the ink cartirdge because I thought the one I was using might have expired, but still getting the same problem with new cartridge. Whenever I rub (not excessively hard) the text on the page after printing it smudges.

Anything else I could try to fix this problem?
    Thanks
    Charlie

smallhousebooks

Re: Green Riso Ink Not Drying

hawaiin_shirt_monthly_photographed.jpg

this is the image I am trying to print, text is set up as 80% black.

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

The new soy ink has problems drying- best bet is to look for some old oil-based product. Riso will not acknowledge the problem, yet many customers have lodged complaints to them.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

smallhousebooks

where would I be able to buy the non-soy inks?

also is there another way to dry the paper if the soy ink doesn't totatlly absorb into the paper?

Charlie

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Try a popular auction site. Any non original will be fine, same as I use.

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

I have not found any good solution to this- my customer who uses his Riso for Business cards has had complaints even weeks after delivery- if you rub the business card, the ink will smear. If you can't find old ink, you may not be able to solve this-
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Take the shell off the drum and adjust the Doctor Gap smaller (.06-.08mm) with a feeler gauge. I don't remember what the default is supposed to be (probably .1). Also check the shell/squeegee roller gap. Smaller Doctor Gap will allow less ink to flow so it's not so wet. It won't be so bold either.

The glory of soy ink

BlueLine

I've always had the non-drying issue with my Riso machines as well. Is there the suggestion that the "compatible" inks we find on various auction websites are the solution? I've used Riso for a long time, but never tried the non OEM inks for fear that it might screw up the drums or otherwise produce unfavorable results.

If someone has found a solution, I'd appreciate a pointer to a suitable supplier of oil based GR ink...

Thanks in advance!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Like I said B4 get on the aution sites and buy non Riso ink. I've never had a problem and it dries better than some of the riso stuff. It won't cost an arm and a leg and you may even find some locally. One more point, I assume you have checked the exit fan is working, yes?

BlueLine

Quote Originally Posted by bigste View Post
    Like I said B4 get on the aution sites and buy non Riso ink. I've never had a problem and it dries better than some of the riso stuff. It won't cost an arm and a leg and you may even find some locally. One more point, I assume you have checked the exit fan is working, yes?
    Good call, but yes the fan is working. I was only asking if you (or anyone) had better luck with any specific vendor than others. Unfortunately I just bought new Riso ink, so it might be a month or two before I can get to it.

Thanks in advance, my friend.

Greg