Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Carlos Ribeiro

Riso RA 5900 Error code E37

Error code E37 on Riso RA 5900. I need help. No original on glass.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: Riso RA 5900 Error code E37

Got a Doc Feeder on that old dog??? Original Jam 1.

Turn machine off, hold yellow reset and keep it held down while turning machine on and while it boots.

Carlos Ribeiro

Unhappy Re: Riso RA 5900 Error code E37

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    Got a Doc Feeder on that old dog??? Original Jam 1.

Turn machine off, hold yellow reset and keep it held down while turning machine on and while it boots.

Thanks for your reply. Where is the Yelow reset? The code to reset is on machine is E97. I do it but no results. My machine is Riso RA 5900

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

if you need the manual on this machine let me know shadowman42@shaw.ca

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

My cheat sheet doesn't have E97 and I don't have a book for something this old. The reset is the R - squiggly line combo.

Best I can do is wish you good luck.

Technician

E37-Original Jam at Entrance
    Displayed to interupt the machine operation:
    1) If the light path of the Original IN sensor has not deteted an Original within 630 pulses (FB type = 14,803) after the Read pulse motor is turned on.

E39-Original Jam at the Exit
    Displayed after the master has been loaded onto the Drum:
    1) If the Original OUT sensor has been blocked for 1,890 pulses after the Read pulse motor was turned on.

For both codes the resetting method is to remove the jammed original wich tell me that most likely there is a blocked sensor or one of the sensors is knocked out of place or broken.

Here is a test to check the status of the sensors:
    Turn the machine off, turn the power while holding down "LINE/PHOTO" and "M/P". This should enter you into the service mode. Enter the number 34 so it shows in the display...if there is a number already in the display already press the "C" button or the red "STOP" button to clear the it. After you enter 34 press the "START" button the activate the ADF Original detection sensor test. This should cause the machine to start beeping. While it is beeping try and block that entrance sensor with a piece of paper. If it works correctly you should notice a change in the speed of the beeping. There are three other numbers you can try to see if you get a response also:

34-Original detection sensor test
    35-Original registration sensor
    36-Original in sensor
    45-Original out sensor

All the sensors except for the Original in sensor will have a flag actuator that you can manually manipulate, the Original in sensor is located right before the scanner glass and it will be under a small slit in the metal. There is also one on the top half of the clamshell, on is the send and the other is the recieve. I can't remember or not but the top feeder might have to be closed in order to test these sensors. It definately has to be closed to test the Original in sensor.

Good Luck!

Carlos Ribeiro

Smile Re: Riso RA 5900 Error code E37

Thanks! i will to try!
    Quote Originally Posted by xatrix View Post
    E37-Original Jam at Entrance
    Displayed to interupt the machine operation:
    1) If the light path of the Original IN sensor has not deteted an Original within 630 pulses (FB type = 14,803) after the Read pulse motor is turned on.

E39-Original Jam at the Exit
    Displayed after the master has been loaded onto the Drum:
    1) If the Original OUT sensor has been blocked for 1,890 pulses after the Read pulse motor was turned on.

For both codes the resetting method is to remove the jammed original wich tell me that most likely there is a blocked sensor or one of the sensors is knocked out of place or broken.

Here is a test to check the status of the sensors:
    Turn the machine off, turn the power while holding down "LINE/PHOTO" and "M/P". This should enter you into the service mode. Enter the number 34 so it shows in the display...if there is a number already in the display already press the "C" button or the red "STOP" button to clear the it. After you enter 34 press the "START" button the activate the ADF Original detection sensor test. This should cause the machine to start beeping. While it is beeping try and block that entrance sensor with a piece of paper. If it works correctly you should notice a change in the speed of the beeping. There are three other numbers you can try to see if you get a response also:

34-Original detection sensor test
    35-Original registration sensor
    36-Original in sensor
    45-Original out sensor

All the sensors except for the Original in sensor will have a flag actuator that you can manually manipulate, the Original in sensor is located right before the scanner glass and it will be under a small slit in the metal. There is also one on the top half of the clamshell, on is the send and the other is the recieve. I can't remember or not but the top feeder might have to be closed in order to test these sensors. It definately has to be closed to test the Original in sensor.

Good Luck!

Carlos Ribeiro

Do not work! I testing all codes. The ligth from scanner is also on. I can`t inderstand!

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Can you get the machine to turn on without the error code?
    turn off- hold the reset key and turn on- No Error?

If the error shows up immediately, and always, and there is no paper at the entrance, you may have a bad entrance sensor.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Carlos Ribeiro

I think is an imaging PC Board. Where can I got a eletronic components value?