Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Greetings and Riso GR 3750 networking question.

also forgot to mention: if your ppd file is in the correct location, the SC5500 should show up as selectable in your printer system prefs (system prefs>print & fax).

Also, make sure all the equipment is turned on and connected, and in your networking prefs select your ethernet connection (which should show a connected status), keep everything default, go to the advanced menu and activate appletalk.

This should do it, though the caveats are that all your hardware is functioning correctly, and the SC5500 is compatible with your mac in the same way as the SC7500, which is the only RIP I'm familiar with....

SUCCESS! Apparently it really wants to be run through a router. Connected it to the router and worked like magic. Thanks to everyone for the help. Is the color seperation software worth messing with? Or should I just stick to Photoshop?

ALSO: I have the Riso "Technopedia" as well as numerous drivers and PPD files for many different models. So if anyone needs the tech manuals or old drivers/ppds. Give me a shout and I will see if I have it to send your way. Thanks again everyone!

Technician

excellent, glad you got it resolved. Happy duplicating!

What's the Riso "Technopedia?" Is there any way you can email me a copy?

-john

I have it on a disc and it might be too big to email. Either way shoot me your email and I will give it a whirl. Worst case scenario I can make a copy and mail it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ReuseFirst View Post
    I have it on a disc and it might be too big to email. Either way shoot me your email and I will give it a whirl. Worst case scenario I can make a copy and mail it.
    Do you have dropbox? If so, we can share it through there. Let me know if you don't and want to sign up, I can get a referral storage bonus! Otherwise we can pm each other the specifics.

-John

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ReuseFirst View Post
    SUCCESS! Apparently it really wants to be run through a router. Connected it to the router and worked like magic. Thanks to everyone for the help. Is the color seperation software worth messing with? Or should I just stick to Photoshop?

ALSO: I have the Riso "Technopedia" as well as numerous drivers and PPD files for many different models. So if anyone needs the tech manuals or old drivers/ppds. Give me a shout and I will see if I have it to send your way. Thanks again everyone!
    Hi ReUseFirst,

I'm currently trying to connect my 'new' GR3750 to a Mac/PC. Could I please have the PPD files that you've used for this? I did get some files from the printer I bought the machine from, but I'm struggling to link it up. May I ask; how did you link it up through your router?

Any help anyone can offer would be great.

Glad you got your machine working!

berryna

If someone can help me get this system rolling I would definitely pay

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berryna View Post
    If someone can help me get this system rolling I would definitely pay
    So would I get a leather bag or some Ugg boots?
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.