Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Riso RN2235ui

firstfruitluv

Riso RN2235ui

Hello

I have a Riso that I have been working on and I have done a feew things to it to this point. I have a few questions about this unit. Can you tell me where I can get parts? And there is something broke in the "ink cartridge" area where it comes up with this message, "install a new ink cartridge". This machine had been sitting a while. I replaced a few of the ring roller/bands in the waste master assembly. After doing this I was able to get it to print a few pages and then the message of replaces ink cartridge. I took a look in that area and there may be a piece broken, I can say for sure.

Thanks

Technician

Re: Riso RN2235ui

A couple things to check, there should be two hoses, an intake from the cartridge to the pump and an output from the pump to the cylinder. These will sometimes crack with age. Most likely if that's what it is it's going to be the intake hose, if it was the output there will be ink everywhere and I'm sure you problably would have noticed that. Another thing to check is the board at the back of the ink cartridge where it seats, I believe there are six sensors on that board will sometimes get cloged with ink and not operate correctly. Sometimes it can be cleaned up and other times I've not been so lucky and had to replace the PCB.

Hope this helps