Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lrmm

Riso RP3700 Duplicator

I have a Riso RP3700 Digital Duplicator and it has stopped making the masters. At first it would make only the first four or five cms when scanning and then nothing. Someone suggested that the duplicator needed re-programmed (we have been told that is one of the main problems with the RP3700). Anyone know how to re-program this model or any other suggestions? Thanks...

Re: Riso RP3700 Duplicator

I have not hear of this problem before, but do you get any error codes with it?

lrmm

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    I have not hear of this problem before, but do you get any error codes with it?
    No... no error codes, it just won´t make masters. We thought maybe the part that burns the master was damaged but apparently not. Someone suggested to us that it just needed re-programmed or reset or reconfigured....

Now do you mean it won't make masters as in the master is "blank", no image, but gets put onto the drum and passes paper?

lrmm

Exactly... the master comes out blank but it gets put onto the drum and "prints" the blank pages. An update on the problem... there seems to be a short-circuit somewhere as when you touch any metal part of the duplicator you get a shock and checked with a tester it showed between 30 and 110 volts depending where you touched it... Could that be related? Any idea why?
    Thanks again for your interest in trying to help us...

Wow, shocking....Is your power cord worn? Is your power line grounded?

Also have you tried doing internal prints? Do they come out blank? Have you pulled off the back cover and checked to see if all the connectors are in tight? I have seen a the TPH wiring go bad on a RP. Do you have a tech manual to reference, if not get one.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Are you sure you didn't put the master roll in upside down? That would make blank copies.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Yea, what Rodgers said

lrmm

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    Are you sure you didn't put the master roll in upside down? That would make blank copies.
    Yes... Master in correctly. When you try the test print pages (one is a grid and the other full checkers) the master is made properly and the pages printed no problem...

lrmm

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    Wow, shocking....Is your power cord worn? Is your power line grounded?

Also have you tried doing internal prints? Do they come out blank? Have you pulled off the back cover and checked to see if all the connectors are in tight? I have seen a the TPH wiring go bad on a RP. Do you have a tech manual to reference, if not get one.
    Internal prints come out fine. We pulled off the back cover and everything looks good (but to our untrained eye!), nothing looks burned or damaged or pressed, no ants making a new home in the machine (a common problem here) and not even dusty as when we open up a computer.
    I'm not sure what the TPH wiring is but we have found a site where we can buy the technical manual and are going to do that.
    Many thanks once again...