Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: GR3750 "Check paper feed area"

hey,

i'm having the exact problem. bought the machine, i tried it at sellers place, it worked perfectly. then i transported it with a car and when i first turned it on it immediately gave me "check paper feed" error.

i tried everything described in this topic, test mode 102 just goes "testing" and nothing happens, the green button for moving paper tray doesnt work during this testing thing. i moved the cable under the table, nothing happened.

how could i check if the problem is in the cables or in the sensors?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Sounds like someone may have lifted the machine the wrong way. If they grabbed the machine under the paper tray, they bent the lower safety switch activator, and that is activating the switch, and no voltage is getting to any of the paper feed components.
    Something may be blocking the activator in the up position, too.

Here is a diagram of the paper tray:

safety switches 2.pdf

You need to find the safety switch activator, which is item 15 in the diagram, on your machine, and then if something is blocking it in the up position that needs to be taken care of. The activator should pivot freely up and down in any part of the paper tray's travel, and there should be a clicking sound if you move it by hand.

Thanks for reply, I'll try that and let you know if it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Sounds like someone may have lifted the machine the wrong way. If they grabbed the machine under the paper tray, they bent the lower safety switch activator, and that is activating the switch, and no voltage is getting to any of the paper feed components.
    Something may be blocking the activator in the up position, too.

Here is a diagram of the paper tray:

safety switches 2.pdf

You need to find the safety switch activator, which is item 15 in the diagram, on your machine, and then if something is blocking it in the up position that needs to be taken care of. The activator should pivot freely up and down in any part of the paper tray's travel, and there should be a clicking sound if you move it by hand.

Hi all,

I came across this thread while trying to fix my own GR3750, which I just succeeded in doing.

I definitely moved it wrong when we first bought it and now know that I bent the lower paper feed tray sensor bar (may not be the correct term, but #15 in the above diagram). I bent it back, but didn't realize that it still wasn't actuating the sensor it was supposed to. Today I looked back at the diagram and got a better idea of how things worked, and then realized that the bar wasn't quite actuating the sensor in the default position like it should, so I bent it slightly to allow it to contact the sensor, and now it works! As mentioned, the switch has a distinct "click" sound when working correctly, and you can also see the little button that the bar should be contacting while in the default (not jammed) position.

Thanks to everyone who offered tips here, as now we have a working GR3750 after it sitting around for months since having the initial "CHECK PAPER FEED AREA" issue.