Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Terence

GR3750 "Check paper feed area"

Hi all,
    myself and friends have recently purchased a RISO GR3750 that we are bringing back into use and have hit a snag. we had it running and were able to create masters and print exc, and then we went to attempt another test print the paper feed tray raised up, stopped and now the machine just says "Check paper feed area".
    We are unable to get the tray back down with the lower tray button, but are able to by pulling off the motor drive, which we have done, but once it back together it just stops at the top again.

Any idea what might be the issue? we are cleaning all the sensors we can locate, to no avail.

Also, should the lower elevator button be bringing the tray down??? were not too sure if its working, though it appease to be via running it through the correct test mode.

Also we have all the technical manuals, user manual and test code manuals.

any help would be great!

THANKS,

Tez & Co.

Re: GR3750 "Check paper feed area"

My first guess is a paper feed saftey switch is getting actuated. Frist try clearing the error with hold reset button while turning on the machine. If that clears the error then check in test modes for switches actuating correctly, both upper and lower saftey switches and your elevetor switch. Check to see if the paper feed tray is not set too high, see manual for details. It also might be a bad wire in the elevator harness or paper feed harness. Undo the cable ties, they can be too tight, pinching wires and causing problems.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    My first guess is a paper feed saftey switch is getting actuated. Frist try clearing the error with hold reset button while turning on the machine. If that clears the error then check in test modes for switches actuating correctly, both upper and lower saftey switches and your elevetor switch. Check to see if the paper feed tray is not set too high, see manual for details. It also might be a bad wire in the elevator harness or paper feed harness. Undo the cable ties, they can be too tight, pinching wires and causing problems.
    Yep what he said.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Terence

Great, thanks guys!
    we'll try this and see how we go!

Tez & Co.

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

It also might be a bad wire in the elevator harness or paper feed harness.
    This is very common, as the wire must flex as the tray goes up and down, so the wire will eventually break-check this area.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Technician

I think that the problem comes from the adjustable paper sensor, sorry my camera is down or I'll show will have it, here's a drawing that can help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (25.2 KB, 68 views)

Terence

Thanks again guys.

were getting together again this week to try and solve it.

will let you know our progress!

Tez & Co.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Check the cable under the feed table as it may just be loose.

Terence

Hey guys,

While running 102, checking the paper feed elevator operations, the elevator motor moved past the point of no return, and dropped much lower, instead of going up.

The machine now thinks its ready to print, even tho the paper feed is at the lowest point on the machine. and wont move at all.

Consequently, we cant access the steel rod that runs into the motor to remove it, and its jammed tight.

Any ideas now?

Best
    Tez & Co.

Technician

Hey Folks,
    I just encountered this problem and successfully fixed it, so I wanted to share my experience in case it's of use to anyone.

I moved my machine onto a high loading dock, and heard a little clank, but couldn't see anything out of place. Later, moving the machine off of a card, I noticed a thin metal piece had fallen out from under the paper feed area. This piece rests just beneath the paper feed tray. If pushed up, it engages a safety switch. Once installed, I pressed it and could hear it engaging the switch.

I restarted the machine several times, but still couldn't get the error message to clear. After pressing to make sure the wires coming from the switch were fully engaged, it still did not clear. Then I unplugged the machine and plugged it back in. Powering up the machine, the error message finally cleared. I don't fully understand why, but it worked for me!