Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    crooked master or crooked paper feed?

Re: crooked master or crooked paper feed?

Call your tech back. I can assure you my customers would, and I don't like unresolved issues any more than they do. Don't wait for days to call back, or you might get gigged for extra charges. If it is not satisfactory, he/she needs to know. I would have thought you would have covered all the issues while your tech was there.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The tech made it pretty clear that he wasn't interested in servicing these older models. Since I'm not under a service contract, I'm not sure I'll be able to get anymore help from riso. There's a dealer who offers riso-service but they're about 2 hours away and paying a tech for that much travel time + the actual work that needs to be done might be too much for this gr

I'm really having trouble pinning down what the problem is, the timing & guide rollers seem pretty parallel, I lubricated the two springs attached to the back of the guide roller - nothing appears to be broken... perhaps it's the stripper pad & feed tires? I guess that's what I'll try next...

The reg floats back and forth by quite a lot and it skews vertically which is pretty noticeable when trying to print straight lines of text.

Is the registration floating during the print run? If that is the case then it maybe the guide roller load springs. The skewing may be from the timing roller pressure is uneven on the guide roller or the mounting screw for the timing roller ass'y has broken off. Hope this helps some.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

What should I be looking for when I check out the guide roller load springs? I just removed the guide roller and lubricated those springs, there's a one ways spring, and a load spring.. there's some rust around one end of load spring, and there's a bearing(?) between the springs that I can loosen with an allen key...

SMARTECK

QUOTE=gillje;273855]Hi, I've been having a problem with my gr3770 skewing my prints.
    I've tried adjusting and re-adjusting the parallelism of the timing and guide rollers but that hasn't really improved things consistently... and now after a closer look the masters appear to be sitting under the drums clamps at an angle. I put a grid stencil onto my drum and measured the distance between the edges of the screen and the lines in the stencil across the drum and it is sitting at an angle.

What could be causing this? Could it be the pressure roller? I recently tried installing a new roller, but ran into some difficulties getting it to fit (I think it was the wrong size) so I put the older roller back... Since then my prints have been offset from the lead edge by a 1/4-1/2 inch.

Another possibly related problem are that my masters become wrinkled on the trailing edge when they are being loaded.

Ok any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Hi my friend my name is Conrad from California. I am copier technician since 1996. I've been solve this kind of problems just replacing or inspecting the paper feed tires sometimes is the problem. Have you tried it? I hope my advice help you.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I am having a similar problem on my RP3700 - all of my prints are skewed about 1/4". In some cases it causes the the image to go right off the page, as in this test print:

I replaced my scraper rollers with a pair I had on another RP machine and had the same problem. I also replaced my stripper pad.

could a slipping clutch cause this? something to do with the pickup roller? is there a part on the RP known to cause this?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mixedfeelings; 02-28-2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: added image

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Problem resolved!

My first problem is that I was working from a Version 1 RP technical manual - which made no mention of the parallelism of the guide roller or the springs behind the paper-feed cover. I adjusted the parallelism and the right spring, and now it's printing pretty straight. Though, I am sure this is all just compensating for a master problem, it is working for now.