Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HC 5500 yellow white lines

I have a problem with HC 5500 (wire type). The yellow print gives white lines. After cleaning the heads the white lines disappears, after printing 50 pages the white lines appears again. And it gets worse.
    I performed cleaning heads and I even did manual cleaning the heads with a wipe stick. Also checked the temperature of ink in LD Unit, it seems ok (33-33.7 degree).
    Is there anything else I can do? Or should I replace the heads?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by dara; 04-06-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Re: HC 5500 yellow white lines

unfortunately,i guess you need to change the head
    Spare parts for Risograghs, Ricoh, Gestetner, Duplo

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

FYI Riso last resort has a cleaner that you may want to try. They do not let many know about it since they want to sell heads. I have some of it ad it works...I may sell it for a offer I can not refuse.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Got your local store that sells printer supplies (ie Kelly paper or the like) and buy some blanket wash. Get some of the long "q tip" type cleans (electronic stores usully have them) get the ones with the foam pads (DO NOT USE the cotton type) Drop the paper transport and GENTLY clean the print heads. Be sure to use a dry "q tip" to clean them. Fire it up in service mode and do a couple of flush cleanings to the yellow. It "should be" better. Rinse and repeat if needed. And to toot my own horn, I was one of the first people in the US to get trained on the HC's. (Well first US class)
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I agree with the above mention as a last resort..... I have often wondered why though no one has tried to add some thing to a empty ink with a type of cleaner and flushed the system with it. LOL If I was going to replace a entire bank /color of heads I would try it with some thing like mentioned above...with nothing to loose.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    Got your local store that sells printer supplies (ie Kelly paper or the like) and buy some blanket wash. Get some of the long "q tip" type cleans (electronic stores usully have them) get the ones with the foam pads (DO NOT USE the cotton type) Drop the paper transport and GENTLY clean the print heads. Be sure to use a dry "q tip" to clean them. Fire it up in service mode and do a couple of flush cleanings to the yellow. It "should be" better. Rinse and repeat if needed. And to toot my own horn, I was one of the first people in the US to get trained on the HC's. (Well first US class)
    Thanks for you help. But I already did that! The heads were fucked. So I had an old HC 5000 and I replaced the heads and everything is fine now