Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    natebeaty

Chicago technician for TR1510? Paper feed is sporadic

Hi all,

We have a TN1510 that is having trouble pulling sheets from the paper feed. It prints fine when it manages to grab hold of some paper (just plain 20#), which is successful about 10-20% of the time. I've tried adjustments to no avail, seems to have the exact same behavior. We're not sure how long this machine had been sitting before we picked it up, it came from a church in Wisconsin.

Any help would be much appreciated. If this is something obvious & simple, I'm more than willing to get my hands dirty -- just not sure where to start.

A contact for a technician in the Chicago area who could whip it into shape would also be great. As I don't know the history, it would surely benefit from a thorough once-over from someone who knows what to look for.

Thanks!

Thumbs up Re: Chicago technician for TR1510? Paper feed is sporadic

Hi sir, i guess there is some problem of your paper feed roller, just replace a new paper feed roller will be fine.
    Spare parts for Risograghs, Ricoh, Gestetner, Duplo

Re: Chicago technician for TR1510? Paper feed is sporadic

sorry i forgot to tell you that you can replace the feed roller by yourself , it's quite simple

natebeaty

Quote Originally Posted by nancy85830 View Post
    Hi sir, i guess there is some problem of your paper feed roller, just replace a new paper feed roller will be fine.
    Thanks for the reply! Any suggestion as to the best place to order such a part?

Also, would the replacement be easy enough to do without a repair manual, or should I track one of those down also?

Thanks again.

Hi friend, you may buy from local dealer of Risograghs, or if you have time to wait you may buy from a on line store from china who sell lots of parts for Risogrghs . Here's the website Yee Star Tec. Small Orders Online Store
    Hope it will help you.

natebeaty

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

I'm curious if anyone else has some input on this. Is this a common problem? Is it from the machine sitting for too long, or just normal wear and tear?

And is it possible it's something other than the paper feed roller?

I'd like to confirm that this is the likely culprit before dropping $50 on a feed roller.

This is a common problem, a feed roller has limited lifetime. some feed roller can pull 50,000 sheets, some can pull less or more sheets . that depends on the quality of feed rollers, if your machine just got problem of pulling sheet, i guess it is the problem of feed roller.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

It's an older model released in 1994. The feed tires were 1 piece back in the day, now they are cores with replaceable rubber tires. I have no idea if you can get the 1 piece FT any more. I'd just by a set of cores (2) and set of FT (2) and a couple seperator pads (1 to use, couple to store) it goes under the FT. Pay attention to placement and orientation when replacing and you'll be fine. If you want to get a little dirty take the back cover off and clean the feed clutch surfaces with alcohol that is attached to the shaft.

FT 035-14303-001
    Sep Pad 019-11833-006
    Core 021-14302-107

Hope there aren't more issues and good luck!

natebeaty

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    It's an older model released in 1994. The feed tires were 1 piece back in the day, now they are cores with replaceable rubber tires. I have no idea if you can get the 1 piece FT any more. I'd just by a set of cores (2) and set of FT (2) and a couple seperator pads (1 to use, couple to store) it goes under the FT. Pay attention to placement and orientation when replacing and you'll be fine. If you want to get a little dirty take the back cover off and clean the feed clutch surfaces with alcohol that is attached to the shaft.

FT 035-14303-001
    Sep Pad 019-11833-006
    Core 021-14302-107

Hope there aren't more issues and good luck!
    Thanks for the help! I'm willing to get dirty, just want to make sure I don't mis-adjust anything.

I assume it would probably would be good to get a repair manual when I order these parts.

Is there a source in the U.S. y'all use for parts, or is it common to order from overseas?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Find Us for your local RISO dealer otherwise you can buy 3rd party but I've not had much luck with knock off Riso feed tires. Half the price but only half the life out of them.

Just take out the parts and put back in correctly. There should be no "adjusting" with this fix. If there are more problems you will want the manual or your local dealer.

How many copies on this machine? The counter is on the front wall when you open the master making door.