Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Floating print position

we have a used number 31, we call it master removal motor, the part no. is 017-65003, please send me private message if you are interested it.
    Spare parts for Risograghs, Ricoh, Gestetner, Duplo

on that machine, you got two critical timing points to get back to printing correctly, it's the main drive gear and timing cam if they are where they are supposed to be it will work great, send me a pm to get you the specific instruction on how to do it it easier than you think

Technician

A big KUDOS to LA Tech for the lil' secret that seems so obvious to me now...

After a couple more days of fighting the floating print position I finally figured-out what needed adjusting. The feed roller needed adjusting (Thanks Kopyrtek!).

Now the thing is printing even and smoothly... or seems to be. We'll put it to the test Sunday night when I begin printing Monday's edition.

Fixing that machine left me so full of confidence that I went ahead and tackled my other GR 3770 that prints great – except for the last inch that fades-off like the print roller isn't making contact for enough time. I'd messed around with it before and had never made a dent in this little problem, but today I think I know what is wrong: the solenoid that operates the arm that grabs the print roller isn't working right (sorry, I don't have a good manual and it's a pain to look-up what the proper names are... I think most of you know what I'm talking about)

I removed it and looking it over I found the pin that grabs the arm (between the cuts in the solenoid) is about worn-out and the solenoid doesn't seem to push/pull the full distance. I'm guessing my problem is this part.

Again thanks to everyone who helped... including you Nancy.

Peace
    Dave

I seen the hook, and the bracket for the pressure roller worn out, I got some of them in stock, the solenoid is still good just need a cleaning,

Technician

I'll try cleaning the solenoid... there does seem to be some gunk on it. Also I'll replace the pin at the top – I wish you could see how worn it is. And I fixed the hook on this machine when I got it home. I just used a small wire feed welder to add a lil' metal where it was gone. And the thing that freaks me out is that I did it with the hook in the machine! Good thing I didn't zap the computer or some other important part.

Better to be lucky than good...

And LA TECH, thanks for the advice!

the gunk might be because the rubber ring between the solenoid and the plunger has become all sticky and soft. good thing you were able to get that hook welded, but I would replaced it because it has to have certain distance with the bracket or you will be putting extra pressure on the drum

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smallprintds View Post
    I'll try cleaning the solenoid... there does seem to be some gunk on it. Also I'll replace the pin at the top – I wish you could see how worn it is. And I fixed the hook on this machine when I got it home. I just used a small wire feed welder to add a lil' metal where it was gone. And the thing that freaks me out is that I did it with the hook in the machine! Good thing I didn't zap the computer or some other important part.

Better to be lucky than good...

And LA TECH, thanks for the advice!
    Are you sure that you're not a tech? You have the talent and inquisitiveness to be technician material-
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ddude View Post
    Are you sure that you're not a tech? You have the talent and inquisitiveness to be technician material-
    I'm not a tech, but I had a dad that was both a good mechanic and a good teacher – otherwise I'd be useless with machines. He had a lot of patience, and he'd explain to me that some parts are designed to wear-out and there are other parts that were designed for super long life spans. If one of the long-life parts went-out it was because something was mechanically wrong with the machine (for him all machines were easy to understand) but wear on parts that were supposed to wear was ok.

My problems began with the GR machine when I had a T–1 code come-up and I dismantled the machine trying to fix the code when all I needed to do was advance the machine, insert the drum and it would have disappeared. Live and learn.

The reason I'd be a bad tech is because I've a brain that enjoys complicating simple problems and creating drama where there is none (that's how come someone will tear the entire machine apart rather than find a simple solution to an error code)

I was able to fix the problem on the GR because each time I was stuck, I didn't start taking everything back apart, but waited and toyed with the problem in my mind. Often I'd find something simple (like leaving a return spring un-hooked) and then I was able to move foreword.

I would like to send a big THANK YOU to everyone who helped and inspired me. I owe ya' a cocktail in the lounge because I don't think I would have fixed the thing without all the moral support. And fixed it I did!

Today I ran a color plate out on the RP and I used the GR for the black plate (I really wanted to test it) Feces, it ran sweet. I believe it ran the best I've ever seen it run! The registration was about as good as it gets and it didn't wander all over the place like it had been printing. I had no rejects out of 175 covers I did for today's edition.

Thanks!
    Dave