Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

shifted image on drum or master?

I have a consistent problem with my yellow RP drum where it starts 1/4" lower than any other, see image below:

It's always 1/4" down and it is the only drum that does it. Because it's the only drum, I doubt it's a master problem. I also couldn't find any "start position" type settings in the drum section of the TEST MODE. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Re: shifted image on drum or master?

Yes i saw a post about one week ago that someone had the problem of floating print position, here is the reply from Kopytek,
    " Re: Floating print position

The disposal motor will be hard to find. Easier to buy used GR on Ebay....keep it for parts only. The drifting you have is b/c the timing and giude rollers are not parallel. You can test by running two 4.25X11...one on each side of the paper feed tray. Feed up into the machine by pressing the small black button on the board in the back. This will rotate the main motor in slow speed. If pushed far enough in it will pull the paper in. Stop when the paper is halfway in and see if you have EQUAL pressure on both sides. If not, then turn the eccentric cam on the upper roller( located inside the front door) until you have about the same pressure on both sides. Only good if the timing and guide roller are in good shape."
    Spare parts for Risograghs, Ricoh, Gestetner, Duplo