Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

riso gr3770 drums over inking in centre

Use my GR3770 to print envelopes and has started to after about 1000 prints ink bleeds out of the end of master causing ink to get onto pressure roller and ink gets onto back of envelopes. Have used 2 drums and same problem with both. Always use machine full speed and ink turned down to min. any ideas what problem could be. thanks

Re: riso gr3770 drums over inking in centre

You may need a new impression roller or it needs cleaned. To clean it, remove it and scrap it with a metal ruler, gently. You dont want to gouge the roller. Good luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

have cleaned roller and checked to see if it is bulged or expanded in any spots and all is good - still have issue tho

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Many times with envelopes the added thickness causes the master to tear or perforate at the edge of the envelope impression. When running envelopes, you may need to make a new master more often.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ddude View Post
    Many times with envelopes the added thickness causes the master to tear or perforate at the edge of the envelope impression. When running envelopes, you may need to make a new master more often.
    its not at end of envelope on master it is at the end of the master (where master ends at other end to where master is clamped to drum) and it is only in centre of drum (in line with where envelope is going thru - not at either side )
    thanks for help tho

Technician

It will most likely be the seal attached to the trail edge of the drum body. The glue perishes after a while allowing ink through. Outside of that, I would be pulling the drum down and re-tapping everything, mainly ink supply. Will the problem occur if doing the same job on standard paper? Need to start eliminating things.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

[QUOTE=ricoh;300063]It will most likely be the seal attached to the trail edge of the drum body. The glue perishes after a while allowing ink through. Outside of that, I would be pulling the drum down and re-tapping everything, mainly ink supply. Will the problem occur if doing the same job on standard paper? Need to start eliminating things.[/QUOTE

yes have tried running letterheads (80gsm bond) same problem after approx 1,000 can see build up of ink. temporary remedy is I sticky tape the trail edge of master and after approx 1,000 run remove tape and wipe excess ink off aand retape and continue.

what do you mean by re-tapping everything? problem occurs with 3 different drums - could it poss be the ink supply button on the riso itself is not working and is making drums supply max amount of ink continuosly - is there a check code for this?

If you have or get a GR manual and go through the 7 different adjustments for printing pressure. I think some of them have been posted in other threads if you want to look here. That takes care of the machine side of it. Otherwise you need to look into all three drums needing ink blockers replaced and maybe squeege gap and doctor gap adjusted inside. I think it sounds like both too much pressure from the machine and ink blockers.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Sounds like the timing is slipping out and the pressure roller is staying in contact with the drum for too long.

I dont work on risos (Thankfully) but thats what it usually is on a Ricoh Priport Machine.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    riso gr3770 drums over inking in centre

I've gotta ask. Are you using an aftermarket ink? Sometimes issue like this can be resolved by OEM supplies.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING