Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

A question regarding ink

I recently received several off-brand RP tubes of ink full of water. Needless to say such ink has made printing difficult, to say the least. I shake all the water out of the tubes before I use them in the machine, and they work fine then.
    I had ordered ink for both my RP and GRHD machines, and only the RP ink came. Being the sort I am, I've been refilling GR tubes with RP ink that's full of water. Actually, refilling the GRHD tubes makes it easier to remove all the extra water out the ink before I use it so it isn't as bad as it seems. Or maybe it is and I'm just making the best of a crappy situation.

All the extra effort has gotten me thinking – why not by bulk ink in five gallon containers and refill all the empty ink containers myself?

What does anyone think of that? Any ideas on where I might buy such ink? I imagine there must be some place that has an ink that would work in the Risograph.

Dave

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    A question regarding ink

Re: A question regarding ink

Quote Originally Posted by smallprintds View Post
    I recently received several off-brand RP tubes of ink full of water. Needless to say such ink has made printing difficult, to say the least. I shake all the water out of the tubes before I use them in the machine, and they work fine then.
    I had ordered ink for both my RP and GRHD machines, and only the RP ink came. Being the sort I am, I've been refilling GR tubes with RP ink that's full of water. Actually, refilling the GRHD tubes makes it easier to remove all the extra water out the ink before I use it so it isn't as bad as it seems. Or maybe it is and I'm just making the best of a crappy situation.

All the extra effort has gotten me thinking – why not by bulk ink in five gallon containers and refill all the empty ink containers myself?

What does anyone think of that? Any ideas on where I might buy such ink? I imagine there must be some place that has an ink that would work in the Risograph.

Dave
    Watch out, here comes aab1, be forewarned.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

wwq428

Re: A question regarding ink

Hi, I think here is no supplier who supply ink with 5 gallons, genune supplier they supply with 200KG or at least 100KG bulk ink. By the way 1000ml is about 1.2KG.