Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Ricoh DX3240 registation issue A4/B4

How does the DX know if it has an A4 or B4 drum in it?

Reason I ask is that the one in my workshop starts to write the image in the area before the ink area. This means that the top part (about a 3/4 inch) of the image is not printed.

The drum in the machine is A4. If I fit a B4 drum the machine prints fine?? Intermittently it does print correctly - which leads me to believe that somehow the machine is getting confused.

I have checked the SP mode tables and cannot see any settings for this - there is also no sensors in the scanner unit that can detect the page length. It also happens in df mode.

Any ideas?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Re: Ricoh DX3240 registation issue A4/B4

Id Have a look at the Connection Block on the Drum it used to be that the Drum Size was set in the user tools on the Older machines But im sure its now done via a Jumper or configuration of the Wires into the connector block on the drum since you say the B4 Drum works fine in youre A4 Machine its defo something with the Drum side not the machine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Bantams

Thanks for the reply - I have found a test in Service mode that tells me what drum the machine detects.

I have checked both the machine that is giving me headaches and a stock machine that I have on test and both show A4 BLACK, but here is the twist. The "loan" machine has a B4 screen on (what the machine sees) as an A4 drum - this seems to work, as the machine happily prints in the area an A4 screen would have not??

I am starting to wonder if this will not solve my problem - except I would have liked to know what is causing it in the first place, as a "quick fix" like this might blow up in my face should it recover from whatever is causing it - as when it came into the workshop from the client, its first set was 100% correct, then one power cycle and the fun began!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Hi Polarbear

Ive just checked SP2-4 On My 3240 and 3440 and on the 3240 the setting should be C267-83 and the 3440 its C267-93 try checking the setting on youre machine it could be a power spike caused it to revert to the wrong ones.

Check the SP Data Factory sheet If you can find it usually behind the door.