Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    landerson

GR1700 Converted Black to Red Drum Issue

I recently purchased a RISO GR1700 and with it came an extra red cylinder. Only when I went to run it did I notice that it had been converted from a black drum to a red drum. And the following error message C63- wrong ink cartridge in cylinder. It appears that it has run before, still has a master on it, but also after some research it seems crazy that it had been converted from Black to Red in the first place. Any way to override the error and get it run in color? Thanks!

Re: GR1700 Converted Black to Red Drum Issue

You need to adjust the dip switches on the drum control PCB. Switch 5 off, 6 on.
    Last edited by jermyth; 08-06-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: fix typo

landerson

Thanks! None of the PCB switches were on, tried 6 initially, which didn't work, but then tried 5 which did work. It's printing, but has a weird low spot to figure out now. Thanks again!

jmowatstuff

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    You need to adjust the dip switches on the drum control PCB. Switch 5 off, 6 on.
    How does one do this? I need to do this for my CR1610, but I'm not sure where to start. Is it a mechanical adjustment or an electronic, test mode adjustment?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmowatstuff View Post
    How does one do this? I need to do this for my CR1610, but I'm not sure where to start. Is it a mechanical adjustment or an electronic, test mode adjustment?
    In the future, it would be best if you started a new thread if you don't know how different the GRs and the CRs are. They really are very different.
    That being said, you just need to load the new color ink tube in the drum and then run several reams of paper through the machine with a high coverage master on the drum to change the color of a CR drum.