Greetings all,

I am new to your forum, my handle is Mohavegun, I hail from Arizona USA. I have owned several printers, copiers , etc, just purchased a used Riso 3750 and am new to this machine. Machine functions, burns masters, and handles paper with a few misfeeds. History of machine is has been out of service and in stoage in arizona warehouse for about a year (storage warehouse NOT climate controlled, dust and excess heat probable) less than 750,000 copies made.

When I got it the drum was inked and ink cylinder was near empty. First attempt to print yielded scattered thin ink for several prints but gradually developed into full ink, thin in middle region running full down long axis. (around drum) After installing new ink and running about 100 copies the inking cleared up but it still inks light in the center of the drum for first 20 or so impressions of a new master. Across drum (short axis of paper) the size is correct at 1 : 1 ratio but lengthwise down page the print is short by about 10% in overall length, everything to be printed is there but it is wrong size in long axis. I have tried several master burns and always turns out same way. I am new to this machine and do not know a lot about how it works so any suggestions to resetting or changing ratio between scanner and burning master would be appreciated. I live out in rural area and believe nearest Riso dealer to be in Phoenix or Los angles, possibly Las Vegas. all three are great distance away and calling for onsite repair is not an option here and I would really rather repair myself if possible.

Thank you for your time and responses, I believe I will be visiting this site often because after reading some of the threads I can see you are all trying to help each other.

Rod "Mohavegun"