Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Black HD drum Problem

Hi, I have a GR3770 with multiple drums, my black drum is an HD one, when purchased there was a generic brand cartridge in it and the prints are all blurry. I tried to insert a GR black ink cratridge (riso brand) since we have 3 of them (brand new) in stock, but the drum doesnt seem to recognize it. It gives me the "Install ink cartridge" message.

Is there a way to make the drum recognize the ink cartridge (i think the brand new tubes we have are black but not HD).

*When i look at the generic brand tube, the little plastic rectangle on top of the tube (near the opening) seems taller than the one on the Riso brand tubes.

Re: Black HD drum Problem

The best solution and proper solution is to use RISO HD ink. Ive seen too many problems from customers not using RISO supplies or trying to use incorrect supplies.

Technician

Re: Black HD drum Problem

Thanks for your advice,

we always use Riso product, but the drum was purchased with a generic ink tube inside of it.

As soon as we have to order new ink supplies, we will buy the HD.

As a quick fix, i managed to stick a piece of cardboard to the little plastic rectangle on top of the Black Riso brand GR tube to make it match the lenght of the old HD one. the machine now recognize it and the print are super sharp.