Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    risosearch

RZ 390 vs. RP 3700

I'm looking to buy my first RISO, and would really appreciate help about which of these models are preferable, and why.

They seem pretty equal to me, though I'm having a harder time finding the RP 3700 which is less expensive. I can print pdfs from both of them, the have similar resolutions, etc, so I was just wondering whether either model commonly runs into problems, and whether there are other significant quality differences.

Thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: RZ 390 vs. RP 3700

I believe the RP 3700 resolution is better at 600 dpi. The RZ is D600 dpi, which is emulated I believe??? But you can play around with adjustments from printing or scanning to make it good enough (it's a duplicator). The RP's came out in 2001 and RZ came out in 2004. I would choose an RZ because they are less complicated to work on and most of the mechanical parts are compatible to the current EZ line. RP has to have RP parts and a lot of them.

That's my 2 cents.

Re: RZ 390 vs. RP 3700

I agree with 20guageO/U. The RZ is better choice with the RP obsoleted back in mid 2010 and parts are getting depleated at Riso. If you want a true 600dpi like the RP3700 then look into the RZ990 or 1090. They are the current 600dpi HD Risos.