Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Willow

Riso GR 3750 Paper won't feed

The problem started with a T11 error code. We are no longer getting the T11 code. But now the machine will not feed paper to do the printing job. Any ideas on the cause of this problem. We live in an area where the nearest tech is 140 miles from us. The last one wanted $300 to come out.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Riso GR 3750 Paper won't feed

Lightbulb Re: Riso GR 3750 Paper won't feed

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Riso GR 3750 Paper won't feed

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    The problem started with a T11 error code. We are no longer getting the T11 code. But now the machine will not feed paper to do the printing job. Any ideas on the cause of this problem. We live in an area where the nearest tech is 140 miles from us. The last one wanted $300 to come out.
    T11 = Pressure Control Motor Lock
    • In 100ms from turning ON of the pressure control motor, the
    encoder sensor cannot detect a pulse.
    • In 5 seconds from turning ON of the pressure control motor,
    the pressure centering sensor is not turned ON/OFF.
    Press <ALL RESET> key.
    • When the fuse of the main power board is gone.

(taken from the service manual)
    By

Willow

Quote Originally Posted by alfasud View Post
    T11 = Pressure Control Motor Lock
    • In 100ms from turning ON of the pressure control motor, the
    encoder sensor cannot detect a pulse.
    • In 5 seconds from turning ON of the pressure control motor,
    the pressure centering sensor is not turned ON/OFF.
    Press <ALL RESET> key.
    • When the fuse of the main power board is gone.

(taken from the service manual)
    By
    We already have the manual.

The problem is the pressure control does not latch and that does not enable the roller to operate to move the paper through the machine. The stroke on the latch is too short and cannot be adjusted.

We need to know how to sycronize the P Disc drive with the standard pressure position drive.
    Last edited by Willow; 10-05-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Been a while since I worked on those, so I don't remember which of the disks is the P disk. But, when the drum is at home, I do remember that for the disk on the left (the solid one), the little hole should line up dead center on the sensor, and for the disk on the right (the disk with spokes), the little hole should be lined up with the lower corner of the sensor. If the left disk lines up but the right one doesn't, the machine is out of time and you should retime it before you adjust the disks.
    One other thing you should check, disconnect the connector for the solenoid for what you call the pressure control and test for continuity while flexing the wires - your meter should read 0 ohms, or less than 1 ohm for sure. Even though the rally wrap they added to these machines reduced the amount of times those wires broke, they still will break. If they are broken, just find the break, solder the wires back together and tape them up and you'll be good to go.
    Finally, the pressure control is the threaded rod attached to a spring with a gray gear on it that controls the amount of pressure between the pressure roller and the drum when the pressure solenoid is properly engaged. Back in the day, the grease between the rod and the gear would dry up on high mileage machines, and the threads on the rod would be worn off. If the threads on the rod are still all there, it wouldn't hurt to put a little bit of good oil or grease on the threads just above and below the gray gear (bonus points for Teflon). If the threads are gone, you're in for a tough slog as that machine is obsolete and Riso doesn't make parts for it anymore, maybe see if you can find a junk machine that has the updated gear and rod (original rod was a little over a quarter inch in diameter, updated rod is a little less than a half inch).
    Good grief this is long! Sorry about that. Still, hope it helps.

Willow

Dear Iowatech, Thanks so much for your input. I have copied your reply to my documents for future reference. I was fortunate to find a tech about a 100 miles north of us and he came down this morning and the riso is up and running. I plan on retiring in December but plan on keeping the machine for a while for committee work.
    I really appreciate all who replied to my sos. Since the machine is so old the company I bought it from refused to sent a tech out on service calls for years and then went out of business. So finding all of you is a real stroke of good fortune.
    The tech that came out cleaned all the sensors and but in new tires. He also retimed the machine. I'm good to go for now.
    Again thank you all, glad your here.
    Be Blessed
    Willow

Technician

Hello,
    I believe I am having a similar problem (also with a GR3750). I recently got a T1 error code and manually moved the belts to get the machine back to the home position. Afterwards, I noticed the pressure roller was not engaging. I've included a photo of the disks below, and a video of the pressure roller failing to engage.

If I do need to "retime" the machine, are there any instructions online for how to do that?

Thanks in advance,
    Barry

Disks.jpg

davidpenela

I have a similar problem. My machine pulls the paper in but then it jams. sometimes it stops before it hits the drum and sometimes it slides under it barelly making it to the other side.

anyone can help me? i had a tecnician over and he said it may be the clutch?!? because he checked the times and they weren't unaligned.

thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidpenela View Post
    I have a similar problem. My machine pulls the paper in but then it jams. sometimes it stops before it hits the drum and sometimes it slides under it barelly making it to the other side.

anyone can help me? i had a tecnician over and he said it may be the clutch?!? because he checked the times and they weren't unaligned.

thanks
    Hi,

Just to confirm: The technician couldn't confirm the reason for issue or offer to repair? Do you have a GR 3750? Do you have the Tech Manual? If you have the tech manual you can do the alignments yourself. Here is the link to download from Riso's website http://media.riso.com/TECH/GR/Manual/4622960.PDF

I am not a Riso tech but followed the instructions in the manual along with LOTS of help from Iowatech here in the forums and my GR 3750 is spinning like a top. Good luck!

davidpenela

Quote Originally Posted by filmplane View Post
    Hi,

Just to confirm: The technician couldn't confirm the reason for issue or offer to repair? Do you have a GR 3750? Do you have the Tech Manual? If you have the tech manual you can do the alignments yourself. Here is the link to download from Riso's website http://media.riso.com/TECH/GR/Manual/4622960.PDF

I am not a Riso tech but followed the instructions in the manual along with LOTS of help from Iowatech here in the forums and my GR 3750 is spinning like a top. Good luck!
    Hello and thank you for the reply. The technician checked the machine and concluded that it wasn't it's timing but probably the clutch. I'm completely unexperienced with risos and yes i do have a gr 3750 and no i don't and thanks for the link

I'll check the manual for some guidance thanks. the machine was working, then i stop using it for like a month and when i started it up again the paper just doesn't get pulled and appears paper jamed error.

thanks and i'll get back at you