Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

GR3770 'Paper jam check paper feed area'

While running a print job, I heard a harsh noise and a service notice appeared on the screen. I do not remember what T number showed-but it advised to contact a technician. I can not get the T number to appear again, but a couple of things are not working properly on the machine.

1. The paper does not feed all the way through, no matter what paper setting or paper thickness. When I try test prints, the error message 'paper jam check paper feed area' appears. The paper does not appear to be jammed in the machine, but it only goes about halfway through the machine under the drum.

2. The paper that does get through the machine-after clearing the paper-out does not appear to get inked either. I am not sure if this issue is related or not.

*Not sure if this helps diagnose—The machine is new in my hands (780 masters & 440,000 prints). It worked perfectly for 15-20 prints and decided to try another color drum. This is when I heard the noise and the problems started. I tried the first drum and still no luck.

I have a Tech manual, but doesn't seem very helpful. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
    Josh

Technician

Re: GR3770 'Paper jam check paper feed area'

After doing a bit more searching-mainly looking at videos of the machine at work–that a lever is not pulling down. I've attached a photo of what I am talking about. Now the question is how do i get it back on? I am able to put it on when the color drum is out, but then I am not able to insert the color drum back into the machine. Any help will be much appreciated!

risoGR3770_ref_01.jpgrisoGR3770_ref_02.jpg

Here is a machine properly working:

Technician

Tested the machines error codes.

07 – Pressure Detection Sensor = Detection
    16 – Drum Home Position = No Detection
    67 – Paper Feed Cluth = No beeps (not sure what that means)
    68 – Pressure Solenoid = No beeps
    73 – Clamp Solenoid = No beeps
    74 – Lock Solenoid = No beeps

I will be investigating how to get the Drum into the home position. Anyone have any suggestions, otherwise I'll keep on doing this on my own.

Cheers.
    Josh

Technician

Help Needed.

Can someone please help me with solve this issue? I've been working on this for days and I am at a loss.

I might appear that the timing is off. I've included photos of, what I think is being referred to as, the P–Disk. Can someone tell me if these are in the correct position. I pressed the green button to put them into the 'home' position.

Screen shot 2012-10-11 at 2.56.32 PM.jpgScreen shot 2012-10-11 at 3.01.07 PM.jpg

If it isn't in the correct position can someone advise me on how to get it into the correct position. I've been wading through the posts on CopyTechNet and much of the lingo used isn't helping me.

I have a manual I purchased online, but seems to just show error codes and broken apart diagrams. Is this the manual people are referring to.

Any and all useful responses will be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Yes your machine is out of timing. The right disk is the p disk. It looks like you have skipped a couple of teeth on the drive belt. If you have the complete GR Tech manual, then you should be able to get your machine back in time. The manual shows that there are alignment holes for checking your timing.
    Good luck.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

If those pictures of the disks are from your machine and not screen shots from the video, it really is way out of time. Though if you can get the drum out with the disks in those positions, I'm guessing one of the drum drive links are probably worn out, too.

Technician

Those are indeed shots from my machine-I now know the drum is for sure out of timing. I am able to pull the drum out no problem. The questions is how do I know the 'home' positions of the belts?

I am planning on loosening the 'paper feed clutch base' to release the tension on the belt, but I am unclear of what the home position for the belt looks like. I understand where the alignment holes are on the p-disks-now it is just the belt.

Cheers.
    J

Technician

No printing on the entire paper.

I was able to get the machine running again! I released the tension on the paper feed clutch base, lined up the proper holes on the discs, etc…

I did have a 'paper misfeed check paper feed area and press all reset key' error, but that was attributed to the paper sensor and appears to be working properly.

New Question/Problem: I'm not sure if this has something to do with the adjustments I just endured, but now the master covers all the paper except the first 1.5" (or so). Is this related to me trying to fix the timing? Did I not time it 100% properly?

Thanks for the guidance/advice in advance.
    J

Good job, but it sounds like your off two teeth on your print positioning. See Vertical Print Position in your manual. You are off by more than 12mm so you need to move the cam assy down two teeth I think. Good luck.

Technician

Thanks Jermyth. Vertically adjusted and now works great. Though, pretty tough to get it 100% centered.

Learned a lot through this whole process. Glad to see it up and duplicating.

Next: How to get it to print artwork from my iMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7-Running OS X 10.6.8. I have a SC5500 which the Riso contact told me will not work with my mac. Any suggestions?