Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Problem seting up Riso Console with SC7700+GR3770.

Hi,

We've been printing with our GR3770 connected to an SC7700 for a couple months now using the postscript driver fo the machine.

Since we don't have as much control as with the Riso Console, i've been trying to find it for some time now.

I rencently (after a long research) finally found a version of the Riso Console software for my SC7700.

The SC7700 is plugged with an ethernet cable to a Mac with Os 9.2 installed on it.

I installed the Console software, but it cant seem to understand that I have the SC7700 plugged.

I tried setting it up manually using the IP adress provided when I printed the spec sheet directly from the rip, but the monitoring column of the console is giving me the "No SC connected" message.

I'm SO happy I finally found the installer for the console, but I just can't seem to make it work!

Please let me know if you know a way around this.

Thanks a lot!

Technician

Re: Problem seting up Riso Console with SC7700+GR3770.

Anyone?

Formerly the Dispatcher 50+ Posts Elle's Avatar

hrm well unfortunatly you are dealing with antique equipment. riso has never been very friendly with the mac OS so you might want to migrate your printing functions for this machine over to an old windows box. win2000 or xp should be fine. a better solution if you like using your mac os would be to contact a local riso dealer and buy current equipment. there is mac support now for the current series. you can apply this response to your other problem as well. good luck.

hej there,
    what do you mean with «Riso Console software»?
    you just need a ppd (printer driver):
    RISO SC7700 Drivers

Technician

I know I can use ppd, that's how we use our printer for a year now. we don't want to switch to pc because we simple don't have one, and we don't have the time to change our setup and find an old pc and an old version of windows.

I want to use the riso print software to be able to acces all the settings and to be able to accurately control the print queue. I have all the Mac os drivers and i installed it but it wont recognize the rip.

For example, if i want to print 1 page of a pdf but forget to select only one page, it goes super fast in the sc7700 and it quits the desktop printer queue. Then i'm not able to cancel the job and the machine has to make all the masters before i can send it back again.

Thats one of the reasons why I want to use the Riso software.

The riso tech I emailed told me to try and buy a crossover cable instead of the normal ethernet one I have connected betwee, the SC7700 and my computer. He told me the software would then recognize the rip.

I will try it soon.

Thanks again for your answers.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

You might check here for drivers:
    RISO Download Center
    For some reason that doesn't work on my instance of Firefox, but it does work on Internet Explorer, so your mileage may vary.
    While I'm not a Mac, I have seen information that there might be similarities between the Apple operating system and Linux. If you have time and it doesn't void your warrantee you might want to check for a Linux solution.

Tom S

Quote Originally Posted by Greencorn View Post
    Hi,

We've been printing with our GR3770 connected to an SC7700 for a couple months now using the postscript driver fo the machine.

Since we don't have as much control as with the Riso Console, i've been trying to find it for some time now.

I rencently (after a long research) finally found a version of the Riso Console software for my SC7700.

The SC7700 is plugged with an ethernet cable to a Mac with Os 9.2 installed on it.

I installed the Console software, but it cant seem to understand that I have the SC7700 plugged.

I tried setting it up manually using the IP adress provided when I printed the spec sheet directly from the rip, but the monitoring column of the console is giving me the "No SC connected" message.

I'm SO happy I finally found the installer for the console, but I just can't seem to make it work!

Please let me know if you know a way around this.

Thanks a lot!
    Hi . i have riso gr3770 drums for sale bright red,blue,floresent pink,medium blue. tom 9545139756 tom.samchuck@gmail.com make offer

Hello . I know this may not be the best place to post but i really need help connecting the Riso gr3770 37 pin to SC7700. So i dont have a cable and i wish to make one, the 36 pin plug that goes to the SC7700 is is easy to find and i will wire it directly to the 37 pins in the Riso but i need wiring diagram for those pins. If anybody has such a cable could you please test it and let me know how the pins in the cable are connected?. thank you so very much for any help