Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Riso RZ 390 check settings

I got a A06-406 code on a Riso 390 and I managed to clear the code from some suggestions given in the archive on a A 06 problem. Since I clear the code however, I am getting check settings and the drum or the ink (#3) area is lighting up on the drum and the check settings is also lighting up. I changed the ink to a new Z bottle ink and I am still getting the same indication. Please help I have no manual. Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Riso RZ 390 check settings

Try pulling out the drum and reseatting it. Also try turning off and hold the reset down while turning on. And the manual does not list an A06-406 code. Good luck.

Technician

Thanks for your help. I had already pull the drum out and put it back in; I had already held the reset key and turn on the machine. I still get check settings.

1.double and triple check you got the correct ink. Make sure the tube is turned all the way. Make sure nothing is blocking the tag on the tube and the RF reader in the drum.
    2. make sure there isn't a paper jam anywhere under the drum or at the timing roller, A06 is a check paper feed tray code, by the way.
    3. get a manual and dive in and explore or have a Certified RISO Tech pay a visit.

Technician

Thanks Jermyth, for your advise. I cleaned the RF reader and thereby activated the switch a few times. Then i installed the tube and since then it has been burning my master and printing just fine. I also had a RZ 220 that was saying the same thing; I also cleaned the Rf reader and activated the switch a few times and since then that also is printing just fine. Thanks for your advise.