Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

V8000 drum error T16-520

I have 2 drums (both at approx 10k in prints) that will do 1 print before stopping and spitting out the following error - t16-520 "Inner pressure detection sensor does not go ON during the inner pressure roller lower operation, even when retried."

Both drums were having trouble inking up prior to getting the error. Any one have a solution or insight into this problem?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: V8000 drum error T16-520

Does that one print look OK? If not, check the pressure solenoids for correct operation - if the pressure rollers doesn't exert the right amount of pressure on the drums error codes and poor quality prints plus drum inking problems can occur. Also it wouldn't hurt to clear the machine's operating memory by holding down the reset key while turning the machine on (do that only once). And you might try giving the pressure sensors a good blast of air.
    On the other hand, the closest I've come to working on the V8000 are the MZs, so you may wish to wait until a proper tech responds. Still, I've seen something similar to this on an RZ where the pressure solenoid return spring broke once, so if you have time you might want to look at the operation of the pressure solenoids anyway.