Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

GR3750 Pressure Roller Replacement?

Hi all,

I have a new pressure roller for my 1.5mil copy GR3750 but am having some trouble determining the proper way to install it. The manual I have seems to indicate it needs to go through the back of the machine. It also seems like it could be installed through the front of the machine, once two screws on the Pressure Roller Holder are removed on the (though the screws on my machine are quite tight and its hard to tell if they are phillips or hex -- might be stripped?).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jeff

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: GR3750 Pressure Roller Replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    Hi all,

I have a new pressure roller for my 1.5mil copy GR3750 but am having some trouble determining the proper way to install it. The manual I have seems to indicate it needs to go through the back of the machine. It also seems like it could be installed through the front of the machine, once two screws on the Pressure Roller Holder are removed on the (though the screws on my machine are quite tight and its hard to tell if they are phillips or hex -- might be stripped?).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jeff
    There is only one screw that needs to be removed, if you look at the front bearing for the pressure roller that is in the machine there is a large phillips screw that's head slightly overlaps that bearing, remove that screw and pull the pressure roller slightly towards the front of the machine and it will come right out.
    Kind of sounds like you may have been looking at the instructions to disassemble the pressure roller mechanism, though. Something to be avoided if at all possible.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    There is only one screw that needs to be removed, if you look at the front bearing for the pressure roller that is in the machine there is a large phillips screw that's head slightly overlaps that bearing, remove that screw and pull the pressure roller slightly towards the front of the machine and it will come right out.
    Kind of sounds like you may have been looking at the instructions to disassemble the pressure roller mechanism, though. Something to be avoided if at all possible.
    Looking at the roller from the front, Im not sure where I locate the bearing and the single screw. I still only see a set of two screws pointing down (7 in the attached diagram) that seem to hold the roller in place. Which way is the screw oriented? It's on the inside of the machine correct? The only bearing I can find on the part diagram is 17 which is alined with the roller guide not the roller itself... Sorry to be a bit thick on this.

Full size image:
    http://bit.ly/Vft6aE

Screen Shot 2012-12-31 at 1.28.14 PM.jpg

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

I NEVER removed any screws to take the press roller out. It will just pop and and the new one will pop back in. Just be sure that the bearings get seated correctly. It's a 2 second job.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Sorry about that, I was thinking about the newer models. RRodgers is right, that roller just snaps into place on GRs.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Sorry about that, I was thinking about the newer models. RRodgers is right, that roller just snaps into place on GRs.
    Haha -- that totally worked. Thanks!