Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    LizW

Riso MZ series error codes T03-504 & T03-514

I have done a search on the above error codes but nothing comes up. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I have a riso MZ 770 two colour. I have had error code T03-504 for a couple of weeks but resetting has enabled me to continue making masters & printing. I am now getting error T03-514 which will not reset and have no idea what to do. According to the manual it is the horizonal setting of the print drum but I have done almost no work on this and am afraid to wreck it totally. Desperately need to print as I run a community newspaper and the weekly advertising is my only income - it must get out. There are no risograph technicians anywhere near me and I do all the work on all machinery myself. Can anyone give me simple steps to correct this problem please.

Re: Riso MZ series error codes T03-504 & T03-514

T03-514 error code means the print drum (#1) is not at the horizontal home position while clamp unit operates.
    Most likely is the horz pos sensor is dusty.MZ790 HORIZONTAL SENSOR.jpgIf you can remove the drum, you can see the sensor as picuted here. Blow out with can of air. Turn machine off, hold reset down while turning on and you should be good to go. Good luck.

LizW

Re: Riso MZ series error codes T03-504 & T03-514

Thank you a hundred times. You're a legend and it's all running again.