Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

GR3770. Stops printing. No error code

Working well otherwise. Just over 2 million copies.From start up, can get to about 700 copies, and the machine stops. message comes up "Ready to Print". Hit the start button, maybe 70-80 copies & it stops. "Ready to Print". Next time maybe 30 copies & so on until we get down to 2 or 3 or even singles. If I turn it off for 10 minutes, not much difference. A half hour, & you may get 20 copies, then quickly back to 1, 2 or 3. Go away & come back next day, 700ish copies. etc. Have replaced the lithium battery - No change.
    Any thoughts appreciated.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: GR3770. Stops printing. No error code

Probably ought to check the double feed prevention switch in the stripper unit. Or any of the safety interlock switches for a momentary deactivation.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Under the tray 1 is a wire harness, cut the tie wrap. That will fix it.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Probably ought to check the double feed prevention switch in the stripper unit. Or any of the safety interlock switches for a momentary deactivation.
    Thanks for the response. Sorry, forgot to mention I have another fully operational GR3770 here, so can exchange modules. Thinking that as the fault appears with such uniformity over a long time initially, is more likely to be slow deterioration in performance of a particular component rather than a random malfunction. I will swap the stripper assemblies tomorrow and see what happens & come back. (Is evening here now) Thank you.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Thanks for the response. Sorry, forgot to mention I have another fully operational GR3770 here, so can exchange modules. Thinking that as the fault appears with such uniformity over a long time initially, is more likely to be slow deterioration in performance of a particular component rather than a random malfunction. I will swap the stripper assemblies tomorrow and see what happens & come back. (Is evening here now) Thank you.
    Or just do as that RRodgers guy said... that will probably fix it. I know you want to ignore him. He can be an @$$hole sometimes. F#$ker is usually right though.
    Damn him!!! Damn him to hell!!! LOL
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Sorry it's taken so long to get back. Other stuff cropped up. Iowatech was basically right, but the problem was very obscure. Led me up the garden path. Shortened version. The problem was caused because the guide rollers (The yellow plastic wheels at the input) had been placed out to their full extremity & their centre bosses (hubs) were rubbing near the hinge of the safety bar that runs over the top of the pick-up/stripper area. No effect until they had heated up. Could get anything up to 1200 copies fine, & then the problem would set in. There would just be a barely perceptible movement of the bar. Easy fixed once found but I spent an embarrassing amount of time!

Tom S

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Working well otherwise. Just over 2 million copies.From start up, can get to about 700 copies, and the machine stops. message comes up "Ready to Print". Hit the start button, maybe 70-80 copies & it stops. "Ready to Print". Next time maybe 30 copies & so on until we get down to 2 or 3 or even singles. If I turn it off for 10 minutes, not much difference. A half hour, & you may get 20 copies, then quickly back to 1, 2 or 3. Go away & come back next day, 700ish copies. etc. Have replaced the lithium battery - No change.
    Any thoughts appreciated.
    Hi Kev. If your interested i have riso gr3770 drums for sale bright red,blue,floresent pink,medium blue. make offer tom 9545139756 tom.samchuck@gmail.com