Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

T02-404 - Elevator Motor not activating?

hello all. I am having yet another problem with RP3700.

I have had a an uneven paper tray for a little while now, and finally got around to trying to straighten it out. After putting everything back together I am now getting a T02-404 error and the elevator motor wont budge. everything seems plugged in firmly and upper sensor B and lower sensor seem to responding normally (I couldn't get upper sensor A to trip in the test mode - I am not sure what I am supposed to do there).

I took out the elevator motor again, leaving the wire harness plugged in and ran the elevator motor servo test mode and nothing happened. So, it seems possible that the elevator wire harness is dead - but are there any other options for elevator failure?

I did try to wiggle the harness a little to see if I could make a connection (if it was indeed damaged), but so far nothing...

Thanks!
    Last edited by mixedfeelings; 03-20-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    T02-404 - Elevator Motor not activating?

Re: T02-404 - Elevator Motor not activating?

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks, JustManuals. I have a manual, that I believe I actually purchased from you. That is how I have been able to run the test modes and learn the names of all the parts. The manual says the fix for this problem is to do a reset, which hasn't worked - so I am looking to find other solutions. My suspicion is the wire harness - but I wonder if there are other things commonly known to cause the elevator to stop working that aren't mentioned in the manual.

Technician

was it working before you took it apart and fixed the tray? if it was than most likely you have something wrong or not plugged in correctly.if you still think its the wire harness you can ohm out the harness to make sure you do not have a broken wire

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

The wire harness would break (only 2 white wires, could splice new wire in but the part was cheap) or the little white gears in the motor assy would crack and break (not drive). Those 2 problems were 99% of the problems with the feed tray. The motor assy is the same as an RN and had to be purchased as a unit.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

is it the same as the z-type motors as well?

I did open it up to check if there was a problem with the gears, and they seemed ok at first glance.

I will ohm test the harness to see if that is the culprit (good idea!).

I am a little less versed with the electrical components - does it matter what kind of wire I use if I end up splicing a new one?

Thanks so much!

George

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Different motor in a Z. The 2 wires are pretty thin, don't use any thing smaller than what's in there.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for all the advice everyone - i ohm'd it out and the wires were indeed the problem, so i just spliced in a new pai and i am all set. raising and lowering paper like a champ!

Thanks again