Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    mhutch

Parts for Riso brand Risograph GR3770

I am thinking of buying a GR3770 and wondered if anyone knows of a source to buy parts (not ink or masters)? Our local Riso dealer stated that parts are no longer available. Any help would be appreciated.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I have been working on the RISO line since 1996, and was with RISO US (Danvers MA) until they shut down their Georgia / Atlanta offices in 2005. I have RISO clients that came over with me and several GR3770's. That said - the GR line is a very durable and robust line of RISO duplicators, mechanical rather than electronic and I have some that are pushing 10 million copies (Sun Printing, Hartwell GA) with just occasional maintenance.

Before purchasing the unit, run several hundred 11x17 20 lb bond paper copies through the unit to properly shake it out to make sure that the feed clutch, second paper feed (timing and guide roller), pressure assembly (pressure solenoid and pressure roller) and paper exit / suction assembly (another clutch and one-way gear/bearing) get to heavy operation mode / temperature. Sometimes misfeeds and jams do not take place until the units are run several hundred clicks.

Also burn dark 11x17 master and look for tiny lines less that a mm running vertically (top to bottom). This could be an indication of a Thermal Print Head issue and $$$$$$.

As far as parts go - the basic parts (stripper pads, feed tires, timing and guide rollers, solenoids, pressure rollers, etc) are still available and some are used on several lines of RISO products - RC, RA, GR, and FR. The problem is that the electronic parts (TPH's, Scanners and Boards) are not available.... new. A note - RISO parts are expensive from RISO or their authorized dealerships - there is a three tier pricing structure and this being a discountiued line, you will be at the top suggested retail pricing. Let me know if you need parts numbers or an idea of prices when / if you start pricing.

Best of Luck!

- LHS
    Salesout Pro
    SalesoutPro@gmail.com

gani

TPH

Techathens,

You have mentioned about the TPH, do you have a part number for GR3775. Will you recommend a supplier/distributor where we could purchase the said item.

Thanks.

Gani

risoman
    Hello
    there are no longer parts from the riso dealers to support the GR3770 machine.
    With my experience THE BEST MACHINE from Riso.
    I guess that riso prefer sale new models than older parts.
    I have in my possession some spare parts for the GR3770 (1 brand new TPH ass'y )
    part n° 019-95037-086 600Dpi A3
    This is a main part for the gr3770, and can not been token from another model.
    Best regards
    risoman

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Have to agree with risoman...one of the if not the best machine they made.The somewhat newer RP models are okay but hell to pay with timing it when the drive gear breaks.As for the TPH..yea it is expensive...the most expensive one they have.But as far as the machine you cant go wrong with a GR.Have many that ran 10 million and are still going.

risoman
    i have mention the TPH ass'y part number for the GR3770 mach
    risoman

drawkward
    I have GR3775 that has been rebuilt several times and was notified that the part were no longer going to be available. I would love to trade this thing in for another RZ990 so I will not have to deal with it. It was a great machine but I don't have time to do voodoo shopping to keep it running. I also have a ton of the different color drums that are now useless.

Anyone with any suggestions?

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I would run it until it does not run any longer - you will get nothing in trade-in (i.e. bump the sale price up to cover the trade-in). I used to work around these sales personnel, almost became a part owner in a small dealership - be careful.
    Salesout Pro
    SalesoutPro@gmail.com

drawkward
    Thats the problem. It oesn't run any longer. Any other suggestions?

risoman
    Hello
    If you want a unusuable and very strong first paper feed clutch for the GR3770, you may use the big clutch from the RG or RA series, part nr 011-11201-109 (unit p/f clutch)