Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

RISORINC Network Card going bad?

Hello, I have a RISO RP 3700 and I think my RISORINC Network Interface Card might going bad. Here is what happens, when I start up my computer and then I turn on my RISO machine and the printer pops up in the RISO-Admin software and everything works great for about 5 mins. I can send files to the printer and it will process the data but then after about 5 mins after booting everything up the printer just disappears from the RISO-Admin list and when I search for printers on the network nothing shows up. When I open the RISO-Monitor software it says "Acquiring Status Data..." and when it can't find the printer it says "Communication Error...Check cables...".

Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Just to reiterate everything works great on initial boot up but then after about 5 mins the printer seems to disappear off the network. I've tried the setup on 2 different computer and with multiple ethernet cables with the same result.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: RISORINC Network Card going bad?

Quote Originally Posted by youwithrhinestones View Post
    Hello, I have a RISO RP 3700 and I think my RISORINC Network Interface Card might going bad. Here is what happens, when I start up my computer and then I turn on my RISO machine and the printer pops up in the RISO-Admin software and everything works great for about 5 mins. I can send files to the printer and it will process the data but then after about 5 mins after booting everything up the printer just disappears from the RISO-Admin list and when I search for printers on the network nothing shows up. When I open the RISO-Monitor software it says "Acquiring Status Data..." and when it can't find the printer it says "Communication Error...Check cables...".

Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Just to reiterate everything works great on initial boot up but then after about 5 mins the printer seems to disappear off the network. I've tried the setup on 2 different computer and with multiple ethernet cables with the same result.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
    Have you searched the Riso thread for the super simple way to reset the machine's operating memory? If the RisoRinc card is actually going bad it won't help even a little bit, but it wouldn't hurt to try that.
    Also, try turning on the Riso and then your computer (that sequence of events used to be important).

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Just to hedge your bets, you might try posting here, too:
    Connectivity

Technician

Thanks for the replies! I will definitely look into these.