Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: GR 3770 Paper Feed Clutch not getting power.

It's better for you to get manual for that machine first...

Technician

I have the manual. I guess I don't know how to use it. I've never been one to read directions either.

Technician

Check it again
    1.P.F Clutch Sensor---unblock---no detection---0,5 scnd interval beep---LED PFD2 OFF(see sys pcb).
    P.F Clutch Sensor---block---detection---0,1 scnd interval beep---LED PFD2 ON(see sys pcb).
    2.P Det Sensor---unblock---no detection---0,5scnd interval beep---LED PDTC OFF(see sys pcb).
    P Det Sensor---block---detection---0,1scnd interval beep---LED PDTC ON(see sys pcb).
    3.P.Feed Det Sensor---unblock---no detection---0,5 scnd interval beep---LED P-IN OFF(see sys pcb).
    P.Feed Det Sensor---block---detection---0,1scnd interval beep---LED P-IN ON(see sys pcb).
    It's there something wrong?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Thanks, I'm feeling great now. Still, I wouldn't wish that condition on anyone.
    To get the paper feed clutch test mode to work, you have to rotate the drum until the cut out portion of the P disk is at the P disk sensor. The P disk sensor system determines when the feed clutch is on and off in normal operation. Good time to check if the machine is in time then, too.
    I kinda agree with jermyth, you might want to get the manual for this. If you don't know what the adjustments are or why you are doing it, you could accidentally damage the machine worse, or you have more chances of hurting yourself (stupid sharp burrs on stamped metal parts and the occasional line voltage shock being examples of expected ways for experienced techs to sometimes hurt themselves).
    Also, while the vast majority of people here want to help, every once in a while an aab1 will get in here here for a bit, which isn't helpful at all. So it is kind of important to have some sort of basic reference available to weed the occasional aab1 out.
    If you don't have a source for the manual, you might try Paul's site:
    Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads
    The manual is there. It isn't free, but the price is reasonable.
    Hope that helps,
    Both jermyth's and Iowatech's inputs are very reasonable and valid. Your machine could simply be out of timing. I had a similar case sometime back, and re-timing did the trick. If you slowly and carefully go through the archives on this forum, you will discover many similar posts related to this particular problem.
    Good luck.

Technician

Wink Re: GR 3770 Paper Feed Clutch not getting power.

I FIXED IT. It was the "stack paper feed switch" below the stripper pad plate.