Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    voltage1

Question Riso RP3100ui Networking issues

I recently purchased a Riso RP3100ui and the machine itself seems to work fine but I haven't been able to figure out how to get it networked to a computer. It has a built in network interface card which looks like this (look at a screenshot from manual):

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2wlvxxx.jpg

There are a few options on a Riso site for downloading drivers/software for the netcard. I chose to download "Netcard software" as that seemed to sound generally what I wanted. Also available was software for "RISO NET-C" and "RISO NET-D". I have the RP3100 with an ethernet cable running from it to a Netgear network switch and then another cable running from the switch to the computer. I also have a Kyocera copier hooked up in the same manner to the same switch and it it prints over the network without any issues. With the copier, the setup seemed simple: I assign an IP address on the machine itself that's in the same subnet as the LAN settings on the computer (Windows XP) and then point the driver to that IP address and the computer and the copier are able to talk to each other. With the Riso, I cannot find anywhere on the machine where I'm able to manual assign an IP address and this whole process seems to be dependent on the RISO-ADMIN application that comes in the Netcard software package. The problem is, when I try to use this application to "detect" any Riso machines on the network in order to assign it an IP address, it never detects my machine. I've tried restarting the machine many times and "refreshing" on the RISO-ADMIN but no luck. I also followed the procedure described in the manual for "initializing" the machine's network interface by flipping on the "2" dip switch, turning on the machine, then turning the machine off and back on again with the dip switch back in the off position. When I look at the interface on the machine that the ethernet cable plugs into, neither the "10b" nor "100b" lights are on or flashing. There's just a steady orange glow from the "STAT" light. By contrast when I plug a cable into the network interface on the copier, those similar lights go on indicating it's at least detecting that it's on a network.

I'd really like to get this machine talking to my computer over the network and get printing! Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Riso RP3100ui Networking issues

It's been a while, but I think the Riso RP line used Risorinc 3. You might try looking for that.