Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    lberlen

Angry Riso RP3700 master wrinkling on drum

Hi Gang,

I have a Riso RP3700 that has a master making problem. 95% of the masters are wrinkled on the bottom left hand corner of the drum. Does any know how to adjust. I was wondering if there is a Master reset code .

Thanks
    Larry

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lberlen View Post
    Hi Gang,

I have a Riso RP3700 that has a master making problem. 95% of the masters are wrinkled on the bottom left hand corner of the drum. Does any know how to adjust. I was wondering if there is a Master reset code .

Thanks
    Larry
    There are several mechanical issues that could cause this - a worn or uneven write roller; warped Thermal Print Head (rare); obstruction in the master making / loading assemblies; problem with the mylar in the master loading assembly (bur, cracked, etc); or a problem with the master loading assembly itself (bent, etc).

There is no reset code for the master making assembly - unfortunately the RP series does not have the all purpose reset codes as do the RC, RA, GR, TR, CR, FR lines - the newer RISOs RN, RP, RZ, MZ, V8 for some reason removed the 90, 97, and 98 type resets - probably has something to do with going from an EPROM system to flash ROM.

good luck