Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Colour drums for Risograph FR3950 EP

Hello,

I am pretty new to the Risograph, recently bought an FR3950 EP, which I'm having a lot of fun with. I am now about to buy some additional colour drums and have a question that hopefully someone on here could answer for me. Are there any differences between colour drums in Europe and America? I'm in Sweden and have found a couple of drums that are in the US – and actually cheaper than from dealers here, even with shipping – so I want to be sure that they'll work. I haven't been able to find anything online on the matter. Out of the people I have asked so far, two have said that there are no differences and that any drums will work all over the world and just one that a US drum will not work in a European machine. So if anyone knows for sure or has a hunch, please help me out! Thanks in advance.

I don't know if it means anything but I noticed that on the drum at the end that is furthest into the machine, there is a serial number or something that ends with "A3". I've seen this appear on both a European drum and an American one, so it seems to me like the same drums can be used for both A3 size paper and 11x17" size paper, which could be an indication that they're the same worldwide. I don't know. Thoughts?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Colour drums for Risograph FR3950 EP

As far as I know, any properly maintained FR drum should work. The only difference between machines there and here is that we have around 120 VAC coming out of the wall outlets and there's around 220VAC there, and all the circuitry that deals with that difference is in the machine proper. So the drum shouldn't have anything to do with that.
    Still, on a machine that old you might want to be a bit cautious, as a cheaper drum might be cheaper because it has a few million more prints on it than the more expensive ones.
    Good luck!