Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Riso MZ 770e

Riso MZ 770e

I want to use a colour drum to replace damaged black drum to avoid having to buy a new black one.
    Can anyone tell me if this is possible and, how I get the machine to recognise it.

Re: Riso MZ 770e

Yes it it possible to switch a MZ color drum to black. But it depends on how much work you want to do or how much paper you want to waste to accomplish this and what color is being switched to black. One also needs a tech manual for the best results.

Simple version: with machine off put black ink in drum, enter test mode, run mode 117, then 890 and then 887. The drum is now reprogramed, but you still have the old ink in the drum and need to run a ream or two of a full coverage image to run out the old ink and in with the new.

Hard version: drain the drum of ink in test mode 888 (see manual for full details), then run 117, 890, 887. You still need to run the drum, but not as much as in simple version.

Hardest version: open drum unit and clean out the ink (need manual or Riso tech) by hand. Then follow the directions of the simple version.

Good Luck.

Re: Riso MZ 770e

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    Yes it it possible to switch a MZ color drum to black. But it depends on how much work you want to do or how much paper you want to waste to accomplish this and what color is being switched to black. One also needs a tech manual for the best results.

Simple version: with machine off put black ink in drum, enter test mode, run mode 117, then 890 and then 887. The drum is now reprogramed, but you still have the old ink in the drum and need to run a ream or two of a full coverage image to run out the old ink and in with the new.

Hard version: drain the drum of ink in test mode 888 (see manual for full details), then run 117, 890, 887. You still need to run the drum, but not as much as in simple version.

Hardest version: open drum unit and clean out the ink (need manual or Riso tech) by hand. Then follow the directions of the simple version.

Good Luck.
    Many thanks for your help - much appreciated.
    Whilst I was waiting in the hope that I would get a reply, I decided to change over the PCB boards on the the two drums - took about 10-15 minutes and worked great.
    I nevetheless, must appreciate your reply and will keep a note for possible future use.