Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Lightbulb Riso RZ 310 UI - Color Drum Question

Hello,

I have recently acquired a RZ 310UI and am anxious to get it up and running - I do not have much experience with Digital Duplicators but I have a basic understanding.

I am curious if there is a way to print multiple colors through one or two color drums.

I currently have a Forest Green, Red, and Medium Blue drums but was hoping to print in purple, yellow, and copper as well - is this impossible?

Any other insight about maintaining and proper use of a RZ unit would be greatly appreciated as well.

All the best,

PJ

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Riso RZ 310 UI - Color Drum Question

It isn't impossible, but it will require either wasting reams of paper or manually cleaning out all of the ink from a drum to convert it to a different color.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

thanks for the tip

Im tryint to create some new masters - the drums are very old and have the masters from about 3/4 years ago on them - they're a bit dusty - i did my best to gently clean the drum before inserting into the machine.

Every time i try to hit the master-making button and enter in a number i get a "Check Settings" error and a flashing "10" in the LCD display - any idea what that means?

I only have a version of the manual that I could find offline.

Best,

PJ

Have you been able to make any prints from the machine? Sorry, had to ask as there is a minimum print setting on this machine that will deny printing unless you input at least the minimum quantity. Try 20 or more and see if that helps.
    On the other hand, if the drums have sat around for that long you might just need to install brand new ink tubes and work with them for a while. If the ink in the drums is that old, it is probably bad. I guess if you put new ink in you might try the idling function or running a few hundred sheets of paper through the machine with a "Confidential" master on the drum. The "Idling" and "Confidential" keys are on the left hand side of the control panel,

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi - yes I have been able to print w one of the drums - all are labeled z type except for one that is an rz3 - I guess that drum is notcompatible w the rz310ui

The problem seems to be that the drum itself is damaged (has some dents) and the ink might be dried out? Right now I have a bright red drum printing black (I do have a red ink tube in there - guessing the previous owner just printed black thru that drum)

i have five drums - two red (one ledger size rz3 another letter sized that is printing black currently)
    a forest green drum (haven't tested b/c I don't have that color yet)
    a medium blue drum (again haven't tested v/c I don't have the ink yet)
    and finally the black drum that seems to be dented and not printing through the master (very faint image coming through)

I'm not sure how to proceed - seems like I might need a drum dr babadly thanks again for the help -- PJ

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Also - is there a way to enter Test Mode for the Riso RZ 310?

Best,

PJ

There is a way to get into service mode, but you really need to at least have a good service manual for that. Wrong and stupid things will happen otherwise.
    Still, I think once you put new ink tubes in the drums and run a few hundred sheets through the machine to get the new ink spread over the inside the drum shell properly, you'll probably be OK. If the drum shell is dented up it might take more, but as long as you have a confidential master on the drum, the paper will come out of the machine exactly like it was when it was fed into the machine, so you wont loose anything.
    At the machine's full speed of 120 sheets per minute, it shouldn't take that long.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hello!

Got the drums working great! and have had luck filling drums with ink in test mode.

am still on the prowl for a yellow or similar color drum as well as some blue ink

if any one has some sources for purchasing drums and ink that would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

PJ

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Also if anyone has the driver information for connecting the RZ310 to a computer to print masters from a mac that would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by pj4nh View Post
    Hello!

Got the drums working great! and have had luck filling drums with ink in test mode.

am still on the prowl for a yellow or similar color drum as well as some blue ink

if any one has some sources for purchasing drums and ink that would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

PJ
    Hi there, did you insert new ink cartdriges on the drums? Mine says "no ink" but it does. IŽam trying to insert on test mode but the "no ink" message is not allowing me to do that. Any advice? Best regards. Oscar