Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

NY — in need of Riso tech, probably (RP 3790)

Hey all —

My RP 3790 was moved recently, and it turns on fine, but the feed tray is low, and if I remember correctly, it's supposed to rise up or something so the paper can feed. There's a message saying "Check Standard Feed Tray," but I have no idea what to do to fix it.

Can anyone recommend a Riso tech in New York City? I live In Brooklyn and am stuck. Or if you know how to fix this obviously, that would be great; but I should probably know of one for future reference.

Thanks,
    Alex

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: NY — in need of Riso tech, probably (RP 3790)

I'm pretty sure there is a sensor that detects the paper stack height located near the feed roller. I know on some older models i've worked on this sensor actuator (plastic) can get stuck tricking the machine into thinking that the tray is lifted up all the time. Take a look for something like that. It could be that when the machine was moved, someone grabbed the machine in that area and unknowingly jammed the sensor flag.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a sensor that detects the paper stack height located near the feed roller. I know on some older models i've worked on this sensor actuator (plastic) can get stuck tricking the machine into thinking that the tray is lifted up all the time. Take a look for something like that. It could be that when the machine was moved, someone grabbed the machine in that area and unknowingly jammed the sensor flag.
    Exok, thank you — I'm pretty sure this is the issue, but not sure what the actuator might look like — is it one of the green plastic parts that should be movable? The reason I think that is this green light goes one when I put my fingers over these two little orange squares (which appear to be acting as paper sensors).

Any idea how to find a tech in NY if I can't figure it out?

Thanks so much!

Alex

Technician

I have some take some interesting shearing to here.Thanks for shearing.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

As you just moved the machine you might want to check that the machine is still mounted correctly on the stand, the stand wasn't damaged underneath the paper tray and also that something isn't interfering with the paper tray reaching its lowest position.
    Also, if the people that moved the machine didn't use the built in handholds, there's a chance that the emergency paper tray stop mechanism got bent, but I don't remember if that message is caused by that, so maybe not. If time permits, you might want to check underneath the paper tray for damage, though.