Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Help! FR3950 paper feed area trouble

Hi, we're having some problems with our FR3950, hoping someone can help us out here. When we try printing the paper, at least thicker ones, won't go all the way into the machine, whereas thinner ones have gotten stuck on the actual drum. The machine says "Paper jam. Check paper feed area." This started happening after we tried putting in a Bright Red GR drum, and the machine instead of making a master made a noise and the drum got stuck for a little while. After turning the drum a bit the machine would finally let us get it out, but since then it's been acting like I described above.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Is it a blown fuse? Timing issue? Something else?

UPDATE! I should add that the red GR drum has been sitting in its box since we got it out. The machine acts this way with the original black one that came with the machine as well as a blue one that has previously worked fine. Oh, and when pulling the paper out, it has gotten the bottom 6–7 centimetres of whatever is on the master printed on it, but it's on the top 6–7 centimetres of the paper. So my feeling is that some part of the feeding process doesn't happen as it should and that the paper then gets under the drum too late, and gets stuck instead of through to the other end.

So, again. I'll gladly take any and all ideas on where to begin and what to do.
    Last edited by Lindblom; 10-08-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Added some more information

Re: Help! FR3950 paper feed area trouble

Sounds like the machine is out of time after that master/drum jam. I believe the timing directions have been posted here a time or two, so please do a search for it and see about getting a technical manual. See Justmanuals.com for one.
    Good luck.