Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

EZ 221u P-98-947

Good day
    I have a 2100 in shop that is blowing fuse 101 on power supply I traced it back to connector 2 on main Bd but lost PS all together before I could locate short. There is only one 24v load on that connector that I could find and it is a clutch, it is also connector that feeds 24v from PS. The Book said it was probably loss of 24v in area A. Where is Area A? And has anyone had this issue it is out of box failure.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: EZ 221u P-98-947

24V-A is the name of one of the 24V supplies coming out of the power supply board. You can use 24V-A to trace the path of that supply through the machine in the wiring diagrams and see which parts use it. If you have the PDF manual you can just type 24V-A in the search field and the computer will find it for you.
    I don't have my manuals handy, and it has been some time since I've had a blown fuse problem, so I'm not sure what's going on there. But it seems like 24V-A went to the paper feed area, and maybe to the master making area too.
    Hope that helps a little bit, at least.

Iowatech is correct, paper feed clutch & anti reverse solenoid, also master making unit pcb, read pulse motor, vertical print position pulse motor, suction fan, AND scanner unit relay pcb. If this is right out of the box, I'd be calling RISO and starting a report of damaged equipment.
    Good luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for reply's I will try one more time to find short then escalate call. Will let you know what I find. Thanks again.