Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Ricoh DX3243 - drum unit part numbers - solved!

Hi allI am having headaches of note with a DX3243 - there is a HUGE gap between the leading edge of the page (prints) and the start of the image. I have gone through the proc for setting the leading edge of the prints, but the adjustment only allows for 5mm +/-. Mine is about 4cm!I am thinking that the issue is coming from the drum and in particular the metal screen. The part number on the screen is C2482587 but I cannot find this part number in the manual - only one ending in a 6.The silk screen seems to be the right length.Any advice would come HIGHLY appreciated.

EDIT: Some kind SOB removed the metal screen at some point and refitted it the wrong way round! Once it was reassembled, it works like a charm!
    Last edited by Polarbear; 10-16-2013 at 10:13 AM.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Re: Ricoh DX3243 - drum unit part numbers

The Cloth Screen part numbers are

C252 2340 Screen:B4:Ass'y
    C252 2341 Screen:LG:Ass'y
    C267 2342 Screen:A4:Ass'y

The Metal Screen ones are

C252 2590 Metal Screen - B4
    C252 2593 Metal Screenrum:LG:Ass'y
    C267 2586 Metal Screenrum:A4:Ass'y

Chances are the .7 on the end of the part number you have is just to say its been modified and when you order one it will come with C267 2587 on it now.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: Ricoh DX3243 - drum unit part numbers - solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Hi allI am having headaches of note with a DX3243 - there is a HUGE gap between the leading edge of the page (prints) and the start of the image. I have gone through the proc for setting the leading edge of the prints, but the adjustment only allows for 5mm +/-. Mine is about 4cm!I am thinking that the issue is coming from the drum and in particular the metal screen. The part number on the screen is C2482587 but I cannot find this part number in the manual - only one ending in a 6.The silk screen seems to be the right length.Any advice would come HIGHLY appreciated.

EDIT: Some kind SOB removed the metal screen at some point and refitted it the wrong way round! Once it was reassembled, it works like a charm!
    Hi, thanks for the part numbers. the 7 is a true mistery! I cross referenced it against all the models that came befor it that could use the same drum unit as well as the RTB lists, but no luck.
    As i said in my edit post, it turned out to be the right metal screen, but it was installed the wrong waynround by someone. in their defence the manual is not very clear on how to fit the screen, and, as it turns out, the holes on the screen are such, that the whole thing can be installed upside down, without anyrhing to stop you from doing it. To top if off, when the screen is installed correctly, the part number is upside down!

Thanks again.
    Press the GREEN button!!