Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Dan_Spiel

Riso RN2000 error T14-167

Hi Guys,

I've recently bought a second hand Riso RN2000 which needs a bit of repair / tlc. I know it needs replacement flatbed scanner glass have switched it on to see what other repairs may be needed - I keep getting the error code T14-167 show up which the manual tells me is a flatbed problem but after that I am a bit stuck. If anyone knows what this error code indicates or how to fix it that would be amazing!

Thanks,

Dan

Re: Riso RN2000 error T14-167

Machine cannot completed scanner initialization, with the glass missing there is no white strip for gain adjustment & shading-compensation. If you have a manual see chapter 11 section 5, flatbed automatic base control, to see what I mean.
    Good luck.

Dan_Spiel

Thanks jermyth - I've replaced the glass but still no luck. It seems to have taken a bit of a knock and looks a little warped: WP_20131120_001.jpg. Is this likely to be causing a problem? I'm not getting the light working and perhasp this just needs replacing.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

It's been a long time but do those have a scanner lock screw for transport????

Dan_Spiel

Hi guys, so it did have a lock screw, I have also replaced from spares the other damaged parts of the flatbed unit.

Have now moved on to the rest of the machine - I've had T01-520 & T03-545 error messages. I think I can sort these once I've had a look at the sensors. The drum seems stuck in the machine though (perhaps because the rollers have not been used in a while?). Is there a way of manually removing it?

Cheers,

Take off the back cover and look at the drive gears, they have a few teeth missing. You may need new drive gears. Look before trying to remove the drum, just might mess up your timing.

Dan_Spiel

Cheers Jerymth. Have had a look and the gears look fine - the drum is not in home position but isn't spinning freely. Can't seem to manipulate it with the gears either - anyone know a fix for this? If not may have to dismantle drum to remove it

Thanks,